12/26/18

Best of 2018


This morning, I noticed it was time for a "Best of" post, and so I spent some time searching through old posts. I decided to look first at the ones that received the most comments. From those, I tried to pick some that were representative of my favorite things: cats, quilting, embroidery, cooking, photography, travel, and gardening...not necessarily in that order. Here's what I came up with:

1. First, and most importantly, posts mainly written by cats. We'll start with this one written by the kitties just before we headed for home from our trip around the perimeter of the United States last year. It only makes sense that cats would get first billing. You can read their "Pawpurrazzi" post right here.'



2. This next one showcases the finish of one of my most recalcitrant quilts ever, The Quiltmaker's Garden. I wrote it the day I finished the free motion quilting, and I've never been so happy to have a quilt off my list of WIPs before. You can read my post on this Oh Happy Day right here.


3. We're lazy gardeners here at the Three Cats Ranch, but we love being outside and seeing Every Blooming Thing during the summer months. Among the most commented upon was this post about Anticipatory Gardening. Also, it covers some of my other favorite things, including embroidery and cooking. You can read it right here.


4. This next post was the one that touched my heart. When I entered my Gingerbread Square in the Northwest Quilting Expo this year, I did not expect to win anything. The Northwest Quilting Expo features fabulous quilts, and I'm always happy just to show a quilt there. Much to my surprise, it won a very special award. You can read my post about it right here. It was a day of agony and ecstasy since I was sick on the day of the show.


5. Finally, I had to include something about travel. We love traveling in our RV, no matter the weather. Toward the end of the year, we got a bug to head over to the Oregon coast, even knowing the weather would be wet all week. We were surprised and entertained when we were able to watch the Coast Guard practicing rescue maneuvers off the Washington coastline at Cape Disappointment. You can see the pictures and read about our Wet Week right here.


So those are my choices for Best of 2018. You can find the party right here at Meadow Mist Designs. Head on over there for some more Best Posts.

12 comments:

Danice G said...

What a year. All interesting posts. best wishes for 2019.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Okay that coast guard pic is cool!!! It was fun following your travels this past year. Congrats on your quilty win...I've never been brave enough to put my quilts out there...maybe some day.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Furkids, cooking, gardening and your mix of embroidery and quilting - very super mix of 'Best Of' for you.

Karen's Korner said...

A great year for you and hope 2019 is a good one.

Susan said...

I remember how much I enjoyed some of those, especially your RV trip. =) Great variety in your picks!

piecefulwendy said...

I would imagine it must've been difficult to choose favorites for the year; there have been so many great posts! It would have been fun to watch those rescue maneuvers, especially at Cape Disappointment. I hope to go back there some day!

Cheryl said...

What a great collection of posts! Each one was very special. Thanks for linking up!

Tami Von Zalez said...

You MML with your description of Quiltmaker's Garden. I totally understand the Oh Happy Day feeling. I get that feeling of elation with any bed-sized quilt I've finished on my domestic machine.

Janice Holton said...

Hello! I'm visiting from the Best of 2018 Linky party. I'm trying to visit them all! I ended up spending a lot of time here because you have a HUGE quilt gallery! MY GOODNESS you've made a lot of great quilts! Plus I noticed you are from the Northwest (me too, Idaho!) and I even though we are miles apart, Washington and Oregon quilters seem more like neighbors than anyone else. :) I enjoyed my visit!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I don't know how I missed your Happy Day quilting, but it had me laughing so loud. Next time I have a frustrating quilt, I am soo walking all over it! And the quilting on it is gorgeous.

Kate said...

Your best of selection covers all the fun things in your posts. I was wondering if Wind in the Whiskers was going to give Quiltmaker's Garden a run for it's money in the most recalcitrant quilt category for next year.

Calicojoan said...

I love reading your adventures through out the year. Wishing you a very happy new year!