1/6/22

Mostly Slow Stitching

It was another day of slow here. The morning was spent slow-stitching, in the usual way. I filled my hoop again.


When I moved my hoop, I was able to encompass the last of it.


We were a little more lively after that. Mike and I went for a short bike ride. His ride was longer. He rode back to the RV with me when I'd had enough, and then he rode a little more. I'm still riding with a significant amount of fear, and so I keep my outings short. Also, it makes my arm hurt a little reaching out for the handle bars. It was a good ride though. I figure each time I can ride successfully, I'll have a little less fear for the next time. And, besides, it was a really lovely day yesterday. We were able to be out riding with just jeans and sweatshirts (and helmets). No coats were necessary.

When Mike got back from his ride, we got Smitty out for a short walk. The image below shows you the exact distance Smitty walked. 


There was a woman (out of sight) at the next campsite. She was talking using a rather loud voice, and that spooked Smitty. He was only out for less than a minute when he wanted back in the RV


In another split second, he was nearly in full-blown panic mode. Have you ever had the experience of walking, say, out of a darkened basement, when something spooks you a little and suddenly you're on the run with monsters nipping at your heels? (Happens to me all the time.) Yeah...that's a little how it is with Smitty. Oh well. We'll try again.


Sadie seems completely at peace with her indoor-only status. When Smitty has his harness on, she runs to the catio where she can watch and walk vicariously.


Later in the afternoon, I finished off the second basket.


I'd show you the two together except that...


Okay...there we go.


And then I got the third one ready to go. These are hard to see when there's no stitching.


There was just a little bit of floss left on my needle when I hooped it up, and so I stitched just this little bit.


That's where I'll pick it up this morning. There's a lot more stitching to be done on this one. I won't have it finished as quickly.

The sky had the makings of a pretty sunset, and so my shadow self and I went for a walk.


We had to walk quite a distance from the campground to get out from behind the trees for a picture. Everything was taking on tones of red in the twilight of the setting sun.


To my left, the reeds at the lake's edge were very pretty, and the lake was mirror smooth.


There was a family packing up to leave in the area where I wanted to stand, but I managed to capture the sunset from where I stood. 


And that was the end of our day. It gets chilly when the sun goes down, and so we all end up back in our RV's after that.

Today two more couples will join us here, and we have a dinner planned together. I made a lasagna and froze it before we left home. Others are contributing side dishes and dessert. We'll need to figure out when and how to do this because it really is too cold to be outside after dark. We can build a campfire, and we have at least two propane campfires along with us. Possibly we can heat the outdoors enough to stay comfortable. If not, we may all pile into someone's RV to eat our dinner. Either way, it's going to be a fun day with more people here, and I'm looking forward to it.

I've been getting up early to write these posts. If I can get on the "internets" before anyone else in the campground starts using their phone and stealing my bandwidth, I can upload my pictures before the sun rises. And no one can accuse me of stealing bandwidth because, obviously, what I'm doing is important, doncha know. And, once again, I rest my case.

Okay, so you guys are fully informed about the goings-on here, and I can get on with my other internet ways. Just now, I noticed the pretty sunrise out our back window.


It's going to be a good day here. I hope you're going to have a good day too.

13 comments:

Barbara said...

If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord. ~ Nathan Phillips

gpc said...

I have not ridden a regular bike since I was 12 and I am afraid to try. I tried my nephew's motor bike when I was in my 30's and promptly fell and cracked my elbow. I am curious about the electric bikes but it seems like they would scare me, too. Fear is a funny thing. I went to the dentist this morning for work on a crown and reminded myself - frequently - that the last time a dentist hurt me was about 50 years ago, but my body has not forgotten or forgiven any of them. I'm pretty sure that bikes and dentists are joined at the hip, so I applaud your courage.

Darlene S said...

Smitty is so smart. Sorry he wasn't able to get out and find some peace and quiet to enjoy his walk. I'd run back inside too if someone was loud and scared me. Hopefully he'll find some quiet time to get outside on a sunny day soon. I love all your photos, but your sunset photo is stunning.

piecefulwendy said...

What gorgeous views - that sunset is amazing. Still chilly temps here, but today I think I might have to give in to the grocery run. I'm sure you enjoyed your evening with friends!

Susan said...

Beautiful pictures. I am glad you were able to upload them. After receiving a foot of snow over the last couple of days, the sun is out and everything is gorgeous. Makes me want to get of for a walk even though it is only 9 degrees. At least the wind isn't howling and blowing like it was the last two days.

Sandra W said...

Why not make your gathering a lunchtime one? Warmer and maybe more fun.
I think if the campsite is charging for the kitties then the kitties should getting to enjoy all of the amenities of the campground. You could have fun with that! ha ha

Deb A said...

I like the idea of a lunch or late lunch with maybe a nice dessert gathering later! What glorious photo's you snapped - love the one with the lake even with the family packing up. Your stitching is amazing! I am very bad at getting a look without spaces.

Deb said...

Lovely stitching and the background fabric is pretty too. The views are beautiful, the sunset photo is amazing. I know how you feel about the biking, it does get easy as you go along, it took me a while to go for longer rides when I started riding again.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful stitching, and gorgeous scenery! I feel like Smitty, I want to stay away from loud voices. With my hearing aids they amplify everything and I want to run away! Hope you have a great week!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Beautiful embroidery work and gorgeous scenery. You make me want to be out camping.

Angela said...

Beautiful stitching!

Jenny said...

Such gorgeous photos, love the sunset. Dont know about you, but we really only seem to appreciate the evenings when we are camping, not so much at home, sadly. Probably locked up inside watching the news on TV. Our cat Gemma can get spooked too with loud noises. She is always keen to get outside the caravan when we are away, on her harness and lead of course, but sometimes gets a fright and really, really must get back in the door again.

Lyndsey said...

Beautiful stitching and beautiful sunset/sunrise. We have had some amazing sunsets recently but I have been driving on the motorway so no way I can take a photo.