1/8/22

Back in a Few

The last couple of days have been spent gabbing and catching up with good friends. One couple of our group wasn't able to make it to our little get-together because the fuel pump on their motorhome went out as they were driving north. We were sorry to miss them, but we'll have more time to meet up at our next destination in Escondido, California. I have taken no pictures for the past couple of days because I've been busy flapping my lips. It hardly would have mattered, though, because with the weekend nearly here, the campground is filling up. With more people here, more people are hogging the bandwidth available to us with our weak cell signal. And so I'm giving up the fight to upload pictures...except for this one from another trip when I caught Sadie basking in the warm sunshine:


Oh yes, and I can't leave out this picture of Himself...


taken during a photoshoot for the cover of Planet Muscle Magazine. 

We're here at Lake Skinner until Sunday, when we'll head farther south for two weeks. I'm confident we'll have better internet access there, and so I'll catch up with you then. Until then, stay safe and stay healthy.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

There is never going to be a substitute for face-to-face communication, but we have seen since the alphabet, to the telephone and now the Internet, that whenever people find a new way to communicate, they will flock to it. ~ Howard Rheingold

piecefulwendy said...

Rest, relax, and enjoy! Catch you later!

Darlene S said...

Good to see Smitty getting out side for a walk. He is so good looking I can't wait to see him on the cover of Planet Muscle Magazine. Enjoy your remaining time visiting with friends at Lake Skinner. From what I can tell the weather for So. Cal. looks clear for the next 10 days. Light morning overcast this weekend, but next week is supposed to warm up and no rain in the forecast. Enjoy!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I, too, might be back in a few. If I disappear, it's because my computer is coughing its last...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Enjoy yourfriends and relax. Safe and healthy travels to you both.

Kate said...

Sounds like you've had a great time with friends. Safe travels today as you head to your next destination.

SJSM said...

Flapping one’s lips with friends makes good memories. It also can be a great stress reliever filled with laughter. Enjoy your gathering and smooth sailing/driving to your next destination.

Dorothy said...

Nothing like warming the tummy. Have fun flapping those lips and laughing too