4/1/21

Hello April

It's a pretty sunrise for April Fools this morning. Probably best if those sailors stay out of the Suez Canal this morning, don't you think?


It took a while for warmer temperatures to arrive yesterday morning. Sadie was all over it, flattening her tummy against the warm concrete before taking a good dust bath.


Smitty decided to wait until later in the day to take his dust bath. In the morning, there was work to be done helping out in the sewing room. He was there by my side as we cut 80 more 2 x 2-inch squares for the final blocks of Jenny's Flower Garden.

*How* many more do we have to cut?


He's a workhorse, that Smitty. We wasted no time and got straight to work.


He takes on the most hazardous parts of the job for himself. He likes to live dangerously. 


After a bit, we had all 180 cut. Phew.


I made one block while procrastinating on my housework.


When that was finished, heck, housework sounded downright delightful!

Also, I had some paper-worky things to do. I needed to write my blog post for the challenge quilt reveal on May 1st, and so I did that. And I was behind in my quilt journal. I keep track of all my quilts in some journaling software. I use Quilt Album. It's some funky software, and it has some issues, but I've learned to use it. Don't take that as a recommendation. It's fine, but it's not great. Anyway...I was three quilts behind, and so I added those to the album.

Finally, late in the day I made another block.


There are still two more "flower" blocks to make, and three "blanks." I'm seriously hoping I can get those finished up today. We're going grocery shopping this morning, but then the rest of the day is free.

Also, I did a third day in a row of physical therapy exercises. They hurt, no doubt about it. I do want to get better, though, so I'll keep at it. Here's an actual picture Mike took with my phone.


Strangely, that image came up in my "You might be interested in this" Pinterest feed last night. Sometimes I wonder...how does Pinterest know about this? I don't think I've done any online searches or anything like that. I think the only place I've mentioned it online is in my blog. Also, I searched Google for the address to the clinic. So...weird, huh? Kinda creepy too.

Okay, so I can't really think of any clever April Fools things to say, so I'll just say Happy April! and call it good. There's a whole day ahead. Use it wisely.

Oh yes, and I almost forgot. It's time to choose April's


April's goal is to quilt and bind the Sundress quilt. This was supposed to get quilted back in December, but then...you know.




10 comments:

Barbara said...

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~
William Shakespeare

djquilting said...

Always creepy what that google knows about us.

Margie said...

My son and I were just talking this weekend about what all Google knows about us! I enjoy a pretty sunrise and always think of "Red sails in the morning, sailors take warning, red sails at night, sailors delight. " Take care

Katie said...

My sis-in-law and I were chatting about Facebook ads and pinterest suggestions. Often it seems they can hear us, but somehow pinterest thinks high heeled, designer shoes are a good option. For months, I saw all sorts of them. And I have worn shoes with what could be considered a high heel exactly one half times. At my college graduation over 20 years ago. I say half because I opted, after the official ceremony, to ruin my nylons and run around with no shoes. It was THAT awful. I wore ballet slippers to my own wedding! And try to go shoeless whenever I can, but running shoes are my go-to now. (God only knows what all that rambling will turn up next!) But yeah, creepy. And Mother Nature brought is snow for April Fool's today. Not entirely off, but I'm SO ready for real spring. False springs are annoying! I do hope Smitty knows what he is doing with that tail...

Donna said...

The Sundress flimsy is so bright and cheery. It is gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it quilted. Happy Easter!

Jenny said...

Your sun dress quilt top is so pretty! Here in New Zealand we dont talk about red sails and sailors, it's all about shepherds. Probably because we have millions of sheep on the farms. Red sky at night, shepherds delight, red sky in the morning, shepherds warning.

Quilting Babcia said...

Snowing sideways here at the moment, so yeah, April Fool. Single digit temps on tap for early tomorrow, and I have to head out for my tri-annual bloodletting. It's just a whirlwind of fun around here. I prefer to see red skies at night so sleeping beyond sunrise is a blessing when Sammy can keep his meowing to a minimum.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, that looks like the original game of 'wheel of Fortune' - LOL
We had a drop in temps and snow = Mother Nature's April Fool joke was not laughable.

SJSM said...

Mid 80's again today. It will cool down tomorrow but the rain is off shore. And I segue on red skies to "red sails in the sunset=Brownian motion. Gotta love those science classes in high school.

It’s nice to see the sundress quilt again.

piecefulwendy said...

You had a good day in the sewing room, and your projects are moving along. I'm pretty sure Mr. Google reads my mind. I can think things and the next thing you know, it shows up in my feed somewhere. A bit freaky. You are getting some gorgeous sunrises!