12/14/20

Leaves of Green

 It was my usual day of sitting around yesterday. My stitching seemed more normal for the first time since my accident, and I stitched almost as long as I would have on any other day. Mike helped me to move my embroidery hoop, and so I have a whole new “canvas” to stitch. Yesterday’s effort was to stitch some more on the outline of the plate and some of the green stems and leaves.


My thumb was feeling good enough that I thought I might give a try to sewing the patch over the hole in my coat. Smitty was so terribly helpful in this effort that I decided to give up and try another day.


Originally, I thought I would iron it on and then stitch it later. The shell of the coat is 100% nylon, however, and so I can’t use a hot-enough iron without risking melting the fabric. Oh well. Plan B is to hand stitch it. The left side goes over some seams and possibly a zipper tape, and so I’m not sure I have enough strength in my thumb to do it just yet. I’ll give it a try and see, but it’s on hold for the time being.

My shoulder let me know I was getting too far ahead of myself by last night. The pain had increased significantly, and so I put my arm back in the sling. Fortunately, it gave me almost instantaneous relief, but lesson learned. I’m not really doing anything any fancier or more taxing than hand-stitching, but I am moving my arm around a lot more. It’s feeling pretty good this morning, but I’ll start listening earlier when it starts talking to me.

Today I’ll be heading back to the doctor’s office with Mike for his medical-procedure-that-shall-not-be-named. Hopefully we’ll get it accomplished this time around. If nothing else, we’ll pick up some takeout for dinner. His appointment is rather late in the afternoon. We’ll probably run into some going-home traffic, such as it is.


7 comments:

Barbara said...

The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind. ~ Caroline Myss

Katie said...

I believe, according to my neighbor, that your hubby's procedure is properly referred to as "senior pictures"! Good for you listening. I'm sure the kitties are happy to help.

Tina W. In Oregon said...

Going back to your tv dilemma, I’ve heard good things about the Fire Stick. There are some things you have to subscribe to but most is free. Since I don’t watch tv much I can’t be of very much help.

Sandra W said...

You could attach the patch with a glue stick before sewing.

piecefulwendy said...

Hope Mike's procedure actually happened this time around, so that can be done and off your lists. I'm so glad that you are able to do some stitching, and your stitching looks lovely as always!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your stitching is looking great and obviously Smitty is taking his duties quite seriously and telling you that you should not be stitching something as thick as that patch.
Hopefully Mike's PTSNBN went well this time!

Kate said...

Being able to stitch almost normally has to be a huge relief. It's hard to take it easy, especially when you start to feeling better. Not having the use of one arm is just not fun.