12/19/20

Kitties and Stitches

I’m afraid my blog posts are going to be same old, same old for a while. Cats...stitching...what we had for dinner last night. My shoulder actually feels pretty good this morning. That is to say, I don’t believe I’ve moaned even once since I got up. Still, I doubt I can style my hair, which is aggravating.


Sadie sat with me while I finished filling my embroidery hoop yesterday. As I mentioned to my other social media friends, the kitties would like their new designation to be changed from “helpers” to “healers.” I believe that’s entirely appropriate, and we can probably consider giving them a pay raise too. COVID relief and hazard pay, you know. 

Yesterday we tried putting their kitty treats in the kitty condo we purchased recently. 


So far, they haven’t shown one iota of interest in it. Even kitty treats couldn’t entice them to explore the interior. I’m afraid it’s one more item for the “wasted money on a new cat toy” pile. On the other hand, they do love their kitty hammocks for the RV, and I believe we had those stuck to the window for two weeks before they showed any interest. There’s still time.

For dinner last night, we selected this Home Chef meal. Mike really liked the “no chopping” part of this one. If we have anything negative to say about these “kits” it is that there seems to be quite a bit of preparation on the ones we’ve tried. This one was easy. He just mixed it up in the pan provided, and then put it in the toaster oven. In about a half hour, dinner was served.


When it was hot and ready to eat, it looked like this. It has some crispy wontons sprinkled over the top.


My friend Debi pointed out that some of these can easily be recreated at home. Everything is provided in measured amounts, and one would just need to write it all own to make it at home. I’m just happy for something that’s easy for Mike to do until I can get back into the cooking saddle. I’m thinking it’s still at least a week off. Maybe longer. Who knows. I’m just being patient for now.


10 comments:

Barbara said...

People who have nothing to do are quickly tired of their own company. ~ Jeremy Collier

CA Bobbie said...

The patch is great and clever you to think of the glue. That glue will handle most anything.
I do love your kitties, please give them extra scritches from CA since you won't make it down here for a while. Sounds like all is under control.

Katie said...

I'm guessing the new cat climber came in a box and if your kitties are like mine, the box is way more fun anyways. Unless it contains catnip...then it's a toss-up! Your hubby is so great to take on the cooking duties. When I've been sick in the past, my hubby just runs to whatever fast food place sounds best to him. He won't even attempt a grilled cheese sandwich without a whole lotta whining from me first. And then he trashes the kitchen. (It's amazing how many spatulas are needed for two sandwiches!) So...well...if I'm gonna be sick more than 24 hours, fast food is probably another toss-up for what is a better choice! The kitties are doing a wonderful job and I'm sure you reward them for their efforts. Hopefully they don't get too used to it, though, as the transition back might be harder! And I'd be happy for an excuse to not do my hair...as I pull it into a ponytail for the 43rd day in a row... (easier at work, easier for masks, and I'm no girly girl anyways!)

Julierose said...

Your embroidery is coming along really well, especially considering that thumb and shoulder...you are one determined gal...

I like the new thumbnail picture of you--really cute hair style (I am a super hair-do freak, if you haven't guessed by now!! and just pulling it into a pony tail is annoying beyond belief)..Anyhoo enough of that moaning...

I made Chicken Pot Pie for the two of us for dinner and we have 1/2 left for tomorrow...YES!! [Another no cooking Sunday has arrived;)) ]
I used the old Betty Crocker Cookbook recipe and a Pillsbury pie crust...so yummy...

My geese flock is now officially together...that pinning was not my favorite...but it's now readied for bottom border work...

Hope you are finding some good books to read while recuperating..
I just finished "How To Stop Time" by Matt Haig and it was really good (I hear that the main character in the upcoming movie will be played by the "Dishey" Benjamin Cumberbund..can't wait to see that one...)

I'm sending good thoughts for healing from our Winter Wonderland here...
Julierose

piecefulwendy said...

I don't mind same old, when it involves kitties and stitching. Maybe I'm just easy to please? I canceled my hair appointment earlier in December since we still had one recovering from Covid in the house. My hair is getting pretty long, so I probably should get an appointment scheduled. On the other hand, I don't go that many places, so who is going to notice. I do like it washed with a bit of styling though, so I understand your frustration. Fun to see your stitching, the cats snoozing, and Mike cooking!

Kate said...

Stitching, food and kitties? Works for me. Hopefully, you'll be able to photograph the blooming (nonblooming?) things before much longer if the weather allows. Many of us aren't off doing much new, it's just not fun when you have to worry about the growing number of COVID cases.

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely stitching project you have. Hope you have Happy Holidays!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the embroidery is lovely - have a fantastic holiday

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Pets are totally healing! They don't get nearly enough credit. Hope your shoulder continues to heal well.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

One thing about all this - it will make you appreciate full range of motion and being able to do what you want a whole lot more. And no doubt it will make Mike appreciate your cooking more too. I must say those Home Chef meals look pretty good. Don't think we have those here but I'm sure there are alternatives.