4/7/20

More Triangulating

You're not *still* sewing triangles together, are you?



If you want me to help you, you're going to have to purrogress to something less meownotonous.



That's how my day went yesterday. Cats can be so mouthy. Smitty was so disgusted, he roped Mike into taking him out for a sit. Sometimes he goes out for a walk, but yesterday's walk turned into a sit as he surveyed his kingdom.


Later he came in and used his very specialized tool to point out any cutting errors I might have made.


All of these pinks and whites have been fished out of the bag now. There are 70 of the 3-3/4 inch HST's and two that were too small and needed to be trimmed to 3-1/2 inches. I can probably add a little mercy strip around the outside to get them the size I need.


For grins, I laid them out in the beginning of a pattern. There might be enough of these to make a lap-sized quilt, but it's hard to tell how far those 72 HST's will stretch without laying them all out.


With my organizational, um, challenges I haven't felt motivated to do that just yet.

I think she means us, Smitty! The lack of appurreciation is pawsitively astonishing!



For today's sewing pleasure, I'm down to the last of the bonus triangles. I'm really hoping to have them all sewn together today.


As I've been going through the bag, I've found some other little treasures in the form of cut-off ends of strip sets, small orphan blocks, and little cut squares of fabric. I've also consulted my friend Marei, who I consider to be the Queen of Scraps, about what she'd do with such an odd collection of HST's. She has given me some good ideas about where to start with all of this. Also, I've seen some pictures online of quilts made from many different sizes and colors of scraps. It may end up looking like a big hot mess when I'm finished with it, but who says that has to be a bad thing? As I get closer to the end of the bag, I'm getting more excited to see how this will all turn out.

Our weather started out nice yesterday, but then clouded over and grew chilly. I didn't get outside at all. Today the sun is shining brightly, and we have mostly blue skies. First on my list today is to get outside and pick a bucket of weeds. Probably the Vitamin D will do me some good.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Unlike the kitties I am very impressed with your triangle progress. Glad that Mike is getting better (I meant to mention that on your last post) and feeling well enough to get outside for the sit. We are contemplating unseasonably warm weather here in south TX. It will be in the 80s today and tomorrow before another cold front comes through. The AC is on, keeping the humidity out of the house but adding $$ to our electric bill.

Julierose said...

Good for you getting those triangles together--nice workout...;)))
Your Inspector Cats are pretty tough! Nice to see your husband up and about...
Our allergy season has begun here--both hubs and I are on Allegra
talk about sneeze-a-thons!!
Stay safe ~ ~ ~ waving from cloudy but bright skies Julierose

piecefulwendy said...

I managed to sneak in a good dose of Vitamin D on a walk yesterday, so I hope you get one in today. Perhaps the kitties would be more enamored with the triangulation if you showed them how the blocks, when put together correctly, form purrfect kitty ears? Haha!

kc said...

Bailey's like that too - she'll beg and beg to go outside for a walk. and then she stands there, surveying. sometimes, she'll just plop her butt down and watch. i don't know why she can't just do that from the comfort of her throne (top of sofa, in the window)

What is that white, stick tree in the middle of Mike's photo...way off in the distance there, over his left shoulder? Looks pretty, even without its leaves.

QuiltGranma said...

Oh, Miss Sadie, Love you, let's head butt! and nuzzle and purr together!

Kate said...

I'm curious to see what you bag of triangles become. I have very similar bag just waiting for me to finish off a few projects so I can figure out what to do with it's contents. Sorry the kitties haven't been very supportive of your clean up efforts

quiltzyx said...

Good on ya, getting all of those bonus HSTs sewn together! AND a bucket of weeds done to boot. Wow! I bow to you!!!