12/27/19

Best of 2019

Okay, well I know I said I was signing off for a few, but I find myself way ahead of where I thought I would be with our preparations, and so I have time to join in the Best of 2019 linky party hosted by Meadow Mist Designs.


The party has already started, and you know how I hate to be left out, so here's my contribution. I decided to look first at the posts that received the most comments. From those, I tried to pick some that were representative of my favorite things: cats, quilting, embroidery, cooking, photography, travel, and gardening...not necessarily in that order. Here's what I came up with:

1. End of the Hop. Heading way back to January, this post combined travel and quilt shops. I just love a good quilt shop, don't you? I'd visited many quilt shops before getting an idea to start collecting prints from each shop that represented something going on in our travels, or else the place we were traveling to. After collecting them for many years, I sewed them all into a quilt called "Shop Hop." This post was written when I'd finished the last row of shops. The quilt is still in the Quilts-to-be-Quilted pile, but I'm hoping to get it finished sometime in 2020.


2. Every Blooming Thing in the Desert. We were very fortunate to get down to southern California and witness a super bloom in the Anza-Borrego Desert. This post combined travel and photography. The flowers were stunning. Super blooms are somewhat rare, and we timed our trip perfectly for this one.


3. Circling is another travel and photography related post, but there's some kitty action here too. We celebrated our May birthdays with a trip to Bandon, Oregon, to see the Circles in the Sand event. It goes on all summer in Oregon whenever the tide is low. There was so much to see on this trip, and we really enjoyed this little birthday getaway.


4. A Big Finish was perhaps my favorite finish of the year. My son Matthew traveled to Guatemala earlier in 2019 and came home with some beautiful hand-woven fabrics. I worked feverishly to finish this quilt for him. The fabrics were his gift to me, but the joy of fabric is in the making and the giving. When I put it to him that way, he was happy to get this quilt from fabrics he chose himself. It's a nice memento of his trip to Guatemala.


5. Heavy Lifting. This last post got a lot of comments, and so I've included it. It kind of covers the gamut of kitties, cooking, gardening, canning, and flowers. We dug out an overgrown iris bed and then built a new raised bed for some peonies. I've wanted peonies in the garden since two houses ago. This next spring, I'm hoping I will have some. Maybe in my top five for next year, I'll be able to show you some blooming peonies. They've been given a beautiful place to grow, and so fingers crossed for a big bloom in the spring.


So there you go...my top five posts for 2019. I hope you've enjoyed this little slice of our lives here at the Three Cats Ranch.

There is still much to do to get ready for our trip. Now I'm back to not blogging for a day or two. Unless I do.

13 comments:

Julierose said...

Great post on your most viewed ones!! It's fun to look at those stats...sometimes you get surprised at the ones that garnered the most views....hugs, Julierose

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Fun!!! I enjoyed reading through your top 5!

Terri in BC said...

Thanks for sharing your top 5. It was fun to go back and read them again. I love your blog and check in nearly every day. One of my 2020 goals is to do better about blogging - it motivates me to accomplish something to share.

Sandra W said...

I just landed on your year-end post. What a great and productive year you had.
I think you should consider writing a time management book! I'm serious.
All the best for 2020.

Karen said...

To Sandra a of 12 27..... We keep telling Barbara that she needs to put her blog to a book. She is my HBO. I've learned so much and it's always entertaining. This is my favorite pkace.
Thanks to everyone at three cats ranch. You are pawsitvly winderful.

Mel Beach said...

Wow! The circles on the beach looks amazing. And what a lovely memento quilt made for your son's Guatamala travels!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You've had a great year, but you chose the best highlights. You know I love those wovens.

SJSM said...

It was a happy moment seeing your blog email in my in box. All is right in the world and thee day will now continue.

piecefulwendy said...

Matthew's quilt has to be one of my favorites of your finishes for the year. Love the fabrics in it as well as the design. You've had a good year!

Cheryl said...

What a great collection of posts, thanks for linking up!

Danice G said...

All are really pretty. Matthew's quilt is so unique and beautiful. Those fabrics are really gorgeous.

Dorothy said...

I don' know--I think all of your posts are the best/most read -) Have a safe trip to the south and sunshine.

Kate said...

Matthew's Guatemala quilt is still one of my all time favorites. It's so bright and beautiful (with lots of blues). A fun list of "greats" for 2019.