11/28/19

Happy Thanksgiving

As expected, there was no time in the sewing room yesterday. When I looked up after writing yesterday's post, I found someone staring at me from above the book case on my desk:


Purrhaps you would like some help finishing your quilt binding?

And she helped by staying off my lap, purrfuring instead to watch over my shoulder from her window shelf.


I think both kitties are going to enjoy having their RV cubbies when we get these shelves installed in the fifth wheel.

And so, yes, I'm thankful today to have finished this quilt, started nearly six years ago!


It's Raining Cats and Dogs, a pattern by Bunny Hill Designs, was started 12/12/13, and finishes at 55 x 62 inches. Here's how it looks from the back. That's a gray fabric with white polka dots, but it doesn't show up well in the picture.


And even if there was little accomplished on the sewing front, there was plenty going on in the rest of the house. I finished off two side dishes, and did a pretty good job of cleaning the place up for our guests today. We'll have seven at our table today.

So I'm grateful for many things today, including you, my bloggy friends. This post marks the 10th Thanksgiving since my start as a blogger. I'm grateful for your helpful suggestions and comments, and your continued support of our quilting, cooking, gardening, and catitude here at the Three Cats Ranch. Maybe you've seen this little poem by CJ Beaman, but I'll repeat it here as my wish for you today:

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump, 
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump, 
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize, 
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.



10 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I'm also grateful for you and all the yummy recipes, tips, purrfect fun and inspiration you share on your blog. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Denise :) said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Barbara! I hope you and yours enjoy a marvelous day!! :)

Cathy Smith said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the gang at Three Cats Ranch!

Quilting Tangent said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Barbara.

Dorothy said...

I am so thankful that I found your blog many years ago. It's been a wonderful trip through life with your perspective on things. You've made me smile every day, and many days you've made me laugh out loud--for real. May you and yours be blessed

Christine said...

Congratulations on another beautiful finish!!!
Hope you had a lovely meal and you and kitties are all suitably replenished both physically and mentally.

piecefulwendy said...

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful day with your family, Barbara. We enjoyed a nice dinner and conversation with John's family. It was his dad's 85th birthday, so much to celebrate and be thankful for. Enjoy your weekend!

Louise said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your furry family! :)

quiltzyx said...

And many thanks to you, Barbara, for sharing so much with us all and taking us along on your trips & walks! Here's to 10 or 20 or more Thanksgivings together!!

gpc said...

Sweet, and I am hoping your blessing works, because these thighs don't need another bite. :)
Happy Thanksgiving . Ours was good, too, and I didn't have to cook OR clean this year!