10/12/19

A Tiny Bit of Sewing

My Tiny Tuesday blocks are caught up for the month of September. Yesterday, I made the final two, starting with the Tiny Card Trick block.


It doesn't show up well in that image above, but the corner blocks are made from a very light lavender fabric scrap. This block was set diagonally.


Next was the Tiny Bright Hopes block. My fabrics are probably too busy for this block. That's a big "oh well" from me.


This block was straight set.


So that brings me up to date through the end of September. This being Saturday, I'm linking up to the party over at Scrap Happy Saturday.


To bring all the blocks for this quilt up-to-date, I have two more from October's blacks to work on today. Today will be a true NBS day. It has seemed so busy since we've been back from our trip, although I've had time for sewing on most days. Still, I haven't had a complete day to immerse myself in quite some time, and so I decided to put off canning the apple pie filling until tomorrow, and I rescheduled today's housekeeping chore. It's going to be good to get back to it.

The two remaining Tiny Tuesday blocks should go fairly quickly, and then I'll work on one of my other monthlies. I haven't decided which one yet, but I'm tempted to get going on the Paintbox Pizazz blocks and catch those up. We'll see how I feel about it as the day wears on.

7 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your Tiny Tuesday blocks look great in purples!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your Bright Hopes block will fit right in with all of these scrappy blocks! I like your background fabric, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like your fun and funky Bright Hopes block in PURPLE!! Have fun sewing up your BLACK blocks for the RSC.

piecefulwendy said...

Cute blocks. I don't think that one is too busy, actually. I regret not doing this QAL, the blocks are so cute!

quiltzyx said...

Terrific tinies! Storm at Sea is one of my favorites. I've only ever made one block in that pattern when as a test for a quilt we were making for a friend's daughter's wedding. Sara & I decided that we would never get the quilt finished if we used that pattern, & ended up doing a single Irish Chain with a heart. I still want to make a quilt of Storm at Sea & have paper pieced pattern papers printed out for it...somewhere.

Susie H said...

Your purple TT blocks SING!

grammajudyb said...

In the big picture, your bright hopes block will be just perfect! I’m starting to
think about the layout of mine!
Great job!