3/3/19

So Much Sewing

It was a cold day yesterday, but temperatures warmed up enough to melt most of the snow away. It would be good if it would stay away now until next winter. I'm ready for spring. How about you?

Mike and I made a brief run into town. Because of the snow, neither our trash nor our recycling was picked up this week, which was fairly ridiculous. The roads to our trash can were plowed, so WTF? Anyway...we took our recycling into the depot in town to make way for more over the next two weeks. As for the trash...well, let's not talk about that, okay?

We were home shortly after lunch, and I spent the rest of the day sewing. First, I sewed the final row onto the Tuxedo Tales quilt.


It still needed a narrow outer border, and so I did that next. Now, it's a finished flimsy at 41 x 52 inches.


Next, I pieced together a back for it. I purchased this fabric for the back even before I made the first block.


It needed a little more width, and so I added strip of the background fabric down the middle.


As long as I was making quilt backs, I decided to make the back for the Rainbow Jubilee quilt too. You might recall that Matthew has already laid claim to this one.


He requested a gold backing for it, and I chose this batik. It just needed a seam down the middle to make a back large enough.


Just about then my kitty helpers showed up. Smitty is pretty put-out with Sadie right now. She had the pawdacity to spend the afternoon napping on the top rung of the kitty pole...Smitty's sacred spot.


I thought a rumble might be brewing.


But she just walked on by.

Neh, neh, neh, Smitty. You can't attack me with Mom watching. Mom always purrtects me.


Just saunter on by, Little Missy. You won't know where or when, but it is coming. Oh yes. I have you and your short tail in my sites.

So, there was a little bit of time left in my sewing day. I decided to at least get started on March's block for the Garden Sunshine BOM. This one is called "Tulips." I wasn't sure I could get it finished, but I did.


These are all the blocks I have for this quilt so far.


Today I'll get a start on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. Green is the color for March. I'll start with the Charm Stars. These are the blocks I have so far.


I'll be adding two green blocks to those. If I can get those finished, I'll move along to the Paintbox Pizzazz blocks and add four green ones to this collection.


But first, I'll continue on with the Bunny Garden stitchery. When I left off yesterday, I had it this far. Looks like I'll be moving the hoop on this one very soon.


It's a chilly morning out, but the sun is shining. Looks like another day of sewing for me.

13 comments:

Julierose said...

LOVELY FLIMSIES....HUGS, JULIEROSE

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow, two flimsies and two backs - way to pedal on! Your Sunshine blocks look great. Watch out Sadie - those grudgies can catch up to you (Bella is real good at this one with Moe)..

Quilting Babcia said...

You are really pedal to the metal these days! Love the Tuxedo Kitties! A bit different from much of your work in that it is a darker color scheme, and will probably give your eyes a bit of a challenge in the quilting (ask me how I know, lol). But it will be a fabulous finish and a great addition to your kitty stair wall of fame.

WoolenSails said...

I love the kitty quilt, you did a beautiful job and the colors are gorgeous.
You have been making a lot of nice projects lately, have been watching and keeping up with your quilting and kitties.

Debbie

quiltzyx said...

Congratulations on all of your finished quilty stuff! Blocks, flimsy, backs - oh my!!! Tuxedo Tales looks really wonderful. And what a fun back for it - love the bowties!

I have a feeling that Sadie can hold her own vs. Smitty these days...

We had rain all day yesterday. It was cloudy when I came to work, but no rain. Supposed to rain tomorrow tho' & off & on thru' the week.

Frog Quilter said...

Lots of gorgeous quilts in progress. Your cat talk just cracks me up lol.

Marei said...

Your stitchery brought a smile to my face. LOVE that sunflower!!

Rebecca in AK said...

I love your Tuxedo Tales top and that is a perfect backing. It is so great when family appreciates our quilting efforts and ask for a quilt. Looks like you are making progress on lots of projects. Do you use a stabilizer behind your embroideries?

piecefulwendy said...

Tuxedo Tales is so pretty and the backing is spot on! I think I need Smitty to come and teach Wilbur a few manners. At any rate, I don't need to do aerobics, since I'm constantly getting up to get Wilbur off the counter. As soon as I get to the kitchen he jumps down. I might need a squirt bottle holster . . . we won't even talk about the fascination with cords. Anyway, your blocks look great! Love all that yellow, so bright and cheery! I hope you enjoy another fun day of sewing. I have to go out this morning, and it is currently -14. I'm seriously considering rescheduling!

Lynette said...

I really like that tulip block - it's sticking in my head a lot, so I may need to think of a quilt to do up with it!

SJSM said...

Another great day in the sewing studio! You certainly are putting a lot of projects to bed in anticipation of low production when you go on your trip. All I can say is WOW!

Meanwhile I’m still stuck in paperwork trying to clear my surfaces to sew again. Got rid of Sewing Guild stuff now turning the corner on taxes. Hope to be done with that by the end of the week. Then SEWING!

Kate said...

Love the Tuxedo Kitties flimsy! Congrats on getting that one to the finished flimsy stage.

Brown Family said...

The Tuxedo Kitties are so cute. So is the Garden Sunshine!