3/12/19

No Sewing, Day Two

It's not entirely accurate to say there's been no sewing for two days. Actually, there's been no sewing at the machine. There's been plenty of slow-stitching. I suppose it makes sense to practice up since that's what I'll be doing during March. Yesterday, the bunny got his tummy, and the embroidery for the Bunny Garden is finished.


When I work on this again, I'll be adding a piano key border like the one on Lynette Anderson's website.


With that finished, I needed yet another project. The kits I've made up are packed, and so I need something to keep inside the house and stitch fast. Oh yes...another project. Do you think we're running some kind of charity here? When one stitching project is finished, we have plenty more. (Sound of whip cracking.) We want to keep our needles hot here at the Three Cats Ranch.

So, this next project has been on my to-do list for several years. I found this free on the internet. It's a design from Kaaren Johnson who used to blog at The Painted Quilt. She shut down her blog in 2016, but all of her free patterns are still available at the link I've given you. You can find this one on her right side bar under the First Friday Freebies. It's called "When Life gives you Scraps."


It's all traced out now, but I haven't started it yet. I'll do that next.

It turned into a relatively nice day yesterday. The kitties were out a good part of the day. They haven't been outside much at all for the past couple of weeks, and so they were tired by day's end. Sadie likes being tucked in.


Smitty prefers his pole. He's having to guard his pole judiciously since Sadie's attempt to carry out a coup d'etat over that territory.


Instead of sewing yesterday, I made up a bunch of lists and gave some thought to the menu for the beginning of our trip. Also, I took stock of what's in the trailer and what's needed. There's still plenty of time, and so I'm trying to get as much done as I can while it can be done at a leisurely pace.

Today I'm going to do some laundry and make up two blocks for the CTC sew-along. It should be a pretty easy-going day.

5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I want to be a Sadie today!!!
It is cold and damp and chilly here today --
and even though the sun is trying to shine--
I am cold and uncomfortable!!!
Love all the projects you are embroidering--
luv, di

Sharon said...

Barbara, I love the bunny garden embroidery that you just finished. I haven't done any embroidery in some time, and your beautiful projects make my fingers itch to stitch again. But with quilting, knitting, and crochet, do I need another hobby? Oh, well, you can never have too many hobbies, right?

quiltzyx said...

I love the carrot & snail buttons on the bunny embroidery! It just gives that something extra. :) Wouldn't it have been fun to change the carrot in front of the bunny that had to wait for his tummy to one having a bite out of it? Heehee!

After having some more rain last night and listening to the Ontario-bound jets flying low & slow over my house all night last night, I could curl up with Sadie & Smitty for sure right now. But no, working until 8pm again. I will be very happy when this paycheck hits my account though, that is for sure! We actually had some sunshine today & I think it was about 68*. There are rumors that it may hit 80* next week too!!. That will nice for you on your trip, won't it?

piecefulwendy said...

Well, you definitely keep your needles hot there at TCR. I'll be getting my machine humming soon; I have two deadline projects to get done in the next day or two. I'm close, but that's not finished, so the whip is crackin' here too. Not going anywhere today, at least I'm not -- our court (which has just a bit of a decline) is a sheet of ice covered with a layer of water from yesterday's rain. It's been an interesting morning for anyone trying to get out. We are (im)patiently waiting for the sanding truck. A good day to stay in and sew, in my honest opinion.

Brown Family said...

Bunny Garden is so cute! I can see how tired the kitties are!