2/26/19

It's Snow Weather for Cats

Smitty is utterly disgusted by our weather. Every morning he wakes up expecting summer to appear, and every morning he's disappointed.


Sadie doesn't mind. She's happy to snuggle among the quilts. She's glad to have her human tucker-inners back home again.


On the other hand, garden art cat seems excited about the weather!


Yesterday, I caught up with the Tiny Tuesday blocks. This is Block #8. As of this morning, #9 has been posted, and so I'm behind once again.


Also yesterday, I fused the applique for the last two Chicken Buffet blocks. The first one is Chicken Italiano.


Meanwhile, Smitty took the opportunity to test the supply drawer for this quilt with the If-I-Fits-I-Sits maxim,


while I fused the final Chicken Buffet block. This one is Chicken Cacciatore.


Today I'll top-stitch them and embellish them, and then all the blocks for Chicken Buffet will be finished.

This morning I stitched the morning's inchy. We're coming down the home stretch on National Embroidery Month. I'll be sorry when these are all finished.


Also, I'm well along on the 11th of the dresses for the Sundress quilt. I'm hoping to finish this one off tomorrow.


The morning's gloom has given way to a dazzling day. It's supposed to warm up just a little today, and so I imagine the snow will be melting away.


I was supposed to get a haircut today, but rescheduled it to next week. Tomorrow is my monthly pedicure, and so I'm hoping the roads will de-ice themselves today.

Just before sitting down here, I started the last of the bread dough rising. We'll be having some cheesy potato soup for dinner and hunks of bread. It seems like another good soup day. There's very little going on here today other than sewing. It's a good day to stay in and stay warm.

9 comments:

Bits of Stitching! said...

Lovely quilt blocks, beautiful embroidery... the colors are so cheery! Enjoy you soup!

Quilting Babcia said...

Cheesy potato soup sounds awfully good right about now, with another 4-7 inches of white stuff coming tomorrow, and yet another storm all weekend. Crockpot and sewing machine weather if you ask me! Your sundress blocks are so bright and cheery, and you're making quick progress on so many of your embroidered tops, almost like you know it's going to be tomato seed planting season any day now. Just hard to find the motivation when it's 16 degrees and snow on the ground.

crazy quilter said...

Yum ! That soup and homemade bread sounds delish.. your embroidery is really nice. You are so fast . Hopefully your weather will improve and spring will arrive so Smitty can enjoy the outdoors again. I know I a, ready for some flowers and nice weather. Enjoy your day.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Fabulous work on all your embroideries. It will be fun to see all the chickens together. We had a guild member make this quilt and it is cute! Soup on a cold day makes the day better any time.

Dorothy said...

Cheesy potato soup ?? Be still my heart :-) I just tried a "bacon cheeseburger soup" Did I die and go to heaven?? Yes and no--I did not die, but I did go to heaven while eating this soup. Is there a link for your cheesy potato ????

piecefulwendy said...

I'm with Smitty on the snow. I haven't left the house since last Tuesday, so today I really do need to grace the outside world with my presence. Besides, I need car tabs before the month ends, so needs must! I hope the ladies at the DMV are in good moods (you never know). The bread and soup sound delicious! Love the chicken blocks!

quiltzyx said...

Those Chicken Buffet blocks are so funny. They really make me laugh!

How big are the Tiny Tuesday blocks? They are looking great. Along with the beautiful stitcheries.

Brown Family said...

We have summer for a couple of days and then we have winter for a couple! Hopefully we will have a Spring!

Lyndsey said...

The chicken buffet blocks are fun and I do love the daily inchies.