Like I said yesterday, I've put off doing those paper-pieced flowers on A Quiltmaker's Garden long enough, and so what's another day? In other words, I didn't do any yesterday, and I haven't done any yet today. Instead, we went and test drove a truck.
Now here's the thing: Mike has a new truck on order. (I can't remember if I've mentioned this before.) The new truck will look something like the one in the image above, although I think that is last year's model. Anyway...he ordered it back in September. We know it was built on October 31st. We expected it long before this, but we're still waiting. Apparently there is a log jam at the station where bed liner is sprayed into the truck bed. The log jam was supposed to have cleared on December 1st. Now, it's supposed to be December 31st, and who knows when the truck will actually arrive here in Portland, Oregon, from Somewhere, Kentucky. But that's okay. We decided to go test drive one since I've not seen the new one yet. We were out driving trucks around instead of paper-piecing. Phew. Saved again.
Speaking of Smitty...last night, he deigned to sit on my lap even though Sadie was already there. No hissing! This was a furrst.
There was a dusting of snow when we got up this morning. It was snowing when we went to bed last night.
We were in a transition from cold to warmer, and as I'm writing this, the snow is all gone. We've had a little of everything today, from brilliant sunshine to pouring rain. I spent part of the morning working on the Hocuspocusville stitchery. It's moving along.
It was kind of a busy morning. For one thing, I needed to feed my existing barm. And then today is the day the Virtual Group Bake starts on the Facebook Sourdough Bread Group. It's not too late to join in. A fairly large group, including people from all over the world, is beginning from scratch with sourdough starters. The starters will take about five days, and then we'll all be baking a loaf of bread. Both success and failure is encouraged. We're going to post pictures of our loaves and then compare notes. So I mixed up my starter this morning. I started with 50g of all-purpose flour and 50g of water. It looked like this:
Right after that, I left the house to go to the grocery store. By the time I got home, the starter was looking like this:
Having bubble action so early on is encouraging.
So, now I really am going to get to work on those paper-pieced flowers. Mr. Distraction has gone back to work and I'll be able to sew in peace. It's kind of a red letter day though. Today marks just four months until retirement. Better sew while I still can.