11/12/12

Promises and Borders Finished!

This morning I worked on my latest embroidery block for a little while, then girded up my loins for a trip to the grocery store.  It could have been the holiday, but the grocery store seemed more nuts than usual.  Nevertheless, it was good to get that job finished for the week.

Then I came home and went to work finishing up the Promises and Borders quilt.  Here is the flimsy top:


I'm going to use the blue fabric for the binding, and I have enough left over of the blue and the sort of yellow polka dot fabric (bordering some of the blocks) to piece together a back for it.  I have the backing pieces cut, and I'll finish that up tomorrow.

You may have noticed that I haven't mentioned my diet and exercise commitment for a while.  I'm happy to say that my weight loss seems to be budging a little, although I fell down on my exercise commitment last week.  It's hard to make a wholesale lifestyle change all at once, but I'm continuing with my commitment.  Hopefully, I'll do better this week, starting with getting back in the pool tomorrow.  I was dumb and scheduled a conflicting appointment with tomorrow's lap-swimming hour, but I was good and rescheduled it. I'm also scheduled to walk with my friend Sue on Friday, and that is a commitment that is hard to break.

Our weather has been rain, rain, rain, almost nonstop for the past two weeks which makes it hard to want to leave the house for any reason whatsoever.  Kitties know what to do though.  They just hunker down by the fire.  Smitty is almost too big for his little scratching post now, and he hangs off both sides of it.


We check them occasionally just to make sure they don't reach their flash points and burst into flame.

How was your Monday?

14 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your Promises and Borders turned out wonderful! I'm glad to see your kitties are enjoying the fire.....grin.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Beautiful top- blues and yellows go so well together, don't they ?~! Smitty looks like jello the way he drapes. Cracks me up to see them in that pose. CatCat has been outside despite our light rain for the last several days. In for a bite and a litter box stop and she's back out there again straight away. Wonder what's happening I cannot see...

Dana Gaffney said...

That picture gives me such a warm and cozy feeling, I'd be curled up on the floor with them.
Yesterday our roads and stores were crazy too, I was wondering if the snowbirds came early.

Denise :) said...

Yesterday was cold and rainy here, too. I stayed put and stitched on hexies, did some ministry catch up work and played in EQ. Smitty is going to be a rather large cat, isn't he??!! Fun! :)

Denise :) said...

Yesterday was cold and rainy here, too. I stayed put and stitched on hexies, did some ministry catch up work and played in EQ. Smitty is going to be a rather large cat, isn't he??!! Fun! :)

Lyndsey said...

I love the promises top. Our weather here in London was warm and sunny on Sunday but since has gone cold and wet. Picasso like your cats finds the warmest place in the house and just sleeps the day away. Smitty is a very impressive cat and I love his long tail. Gracie looks comfy and hope she is feeling better.

Lynette said...

Haha!! I have to gird up my loins to go shopping, too. Hate that job. We get hungry if I don't do it, though. . .

I love the floral that you used to set the blocks. :)

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how wonderful! I'm hoping to get some of my stitching done on this while visiting family next week. I'd love to have it done and off my plate! It's been cold and ugly here too - Gypsy keeps looking at me as if to say, "Why'd you do that? Make it nice out there again so I can go out!"

Anonymous said...

In my next life I want to be a cat! Your 'Promises' quilt is really shaping up to be beautiful!

Scooquilt said...

Smitty is so handsome! Yes, I used to check my elderly cat to make sure she wasn't too hot. I also hate the grocery store, but find I don't have to go much w my boy away at college. Just picked up a few cans of cat food today while I was buying mailing envelopes and I was all set.

Kate Brown said...

Your top looks fabulous!! I am looking foward to seeing it all finished :)

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous! Are you sure Smitty isn't part mountain lion? Those are some mighty big feet he's got. If you aren't careful, I worry he's going to out grow more than just the scratching post.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt top is amazing! I can't believe how big Smitty has gotten already.
My Monday? Well, it was spent at the doctor's office getting a cast on my wrist for a fracture I didn't even know had happened.

Kate said...

Laying by the fire definitely has a lot of appeal!