4/8/12

Stash Report: Week 15

Time to pay the piper.  We'll all know in a minute if I strayed over the line with my fabric shopping this week.  I purchased a whopping 13-1/2 yards!  To be fair, 1/2 yard of that is some I added to my stash from a kit when I decided to use some fabric from my stash instead.  So that 1/2 yard has been substracted in the yardage I used too.  Just keeping things honest and even, you know.

So are you curious to see what I bought?  Well, I absolutely couldn't resist this.  You must understand that my son Matthew loves black and green together and he is an engineering student at Oregon Institute of Technology.  So when I saw this printed circuit board fabric, I immediately envisioned the beginnings of a quilt for when he graduates.


It's not exactly black . . . more of a steel gray.  But close enough.  I don't have any particular design in mind for it just yet.  But as you look at it, doesn't it seem that a quilt could be designed to look like that printed circuit board?  Time to get out my graph paper.

And then there was a good sale going on . . . somewhere.  Isn't there always?  It's best if I don't click on sale fabric because I always see something I want.  On the other hand, I'm participating in a blog hop party in a couple of weeks with a giveaway.  Some of this might just show up there.  See something you want?


So, let's just see what the bottom line is.

Fabric Used:  9 1/4

Fabric Used in 2012: 58 3/4 yards

Fabric Purchased: 13 1/2 yards
Total Fabric Purchased in 2012:  58 yards

Net Used in 2012:  3/4 yards!

Oh, Snap!  Just in under the wire.  I'd better mend my ways, don't you think?

4 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Mending ways could be a fun weekend game !~!

Love the circuit board fabric-very appropriate for Son's course of study-Perfect.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Well, you are head and shoulders...no, more like a whole basketball player's body...ahead of me! That's why I stopped doing "stash report". I was burying myself with purchases! Not enough going out and way more coming in!

But, hey, it's better than drugs...you notice? I didn't say cheaper? =P

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is why I use the (thread usage) count instead of stash reporting. I rather see how much I am 'sewing' rather than the fabric. Being a scrap quilter, it is good to bring in some new into the mix or it gets boring.

Teresa in Music City said...

Great job of staying right under the line! What a find for your son's quilt. Very unusual and it seems it couldn't be more perfect for him!