3/19/11

Foto Finish--Spring

Today's Foto Finish theme is "Spring."  Here's my entry:


It's a wildflower called a "Trillium."  It's one of the first wildflowers to bloom in Spring.  When we moved from our former home to our current one, we left behind three trilliums that grew under a fir tree.  They are special to me for some reason, possibly because I was told that if you pick one, it will never bloom again.  I don't know if that is true, but I know that it will damage the plant and it will take a long time for it to recover--possibly never to bloom again.  Because they are special to me, I was sorry to leave them behind. 

There is a wooded area at our current home.  We'd been there through several springs when I took to walking in the woods with George.  On one of the first warm days of Spring, we went for a walk, and I spied a trillium.  I was so excited to see it and I was being so careful where I put my feet because I didn't want to step on it.  Then, I looked up and around and saw trilliums virtually everywhere!!  It was as if they had come with the welcome wagon.  The new place really started feeling like home sweet home that day.  And it is.  I'm so glad to be here.

I'm thinking for next week's theme I'll pick a spring color.  How about Pink for a theme?  I don't think I've picked that one before.  The flowering plums and flowering cherries are in bloom around here.  It's my favorite time of year.

Now here's Mr. Linky:


5 comments:

Maree said...

Spring is such a lovely time of the year with all the new growth. What a great trip you have had. Now to use some of that fabric you purchased along the way.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I like your trillium, I've heard of that flower but never saw one before. Isn't it a shame that it won't bloom if transplanted; I guess that's nature's way of decorating, saying "I want this flower to be here, and I want that one there, and maybe this one over next to it!"

Linda

quiltzyx said...

Lovely! Now I want to see the woods filled with Trilliums too!!

Have a great week :D

Elaine @ Commotion said...

It's really pretty!! I can see why it'd be special to you. My favorite wildflower is the bluebonnet, but it won't bloom for awhile yet.

Pink?? Really?? EEWWWW I'll have to see what I can find next week!! HAHA

Anonymous said...

Well its spring and the grasshoppers are out !! :-)