3/18/11

Home Again, Home Again


We got home late yesterday afternoon.  Everything appeared to be in order.  No disastrous floods or fires happened while we were away.  We've barely seen George since letting him out of the trailer.  Even though it's drizzly and cold, he's out there catting around.  Our neighbor cat, Uno, likes to come around, and George has just about worn out his little kitty rear end re-marking all of his territory.  (The nerve of some people's cats when a guy's not around to protect his property.)

The daffodils are up, but not out.  We are at a higher elevation than the rest of Portland, and so we are always about a month behind everybody else.  Things in the yard don't look too bad after the winter kill.  The raspberries look pretty flattened, presumably from snow.  I think I can just whack them back and they'll grow again.  The herb garden always needs cleaning up, but all-in-all, not a bad winter for the yard.  I didn't see any trees down or broken off, so the ice must not have been too bad this year.

It always takes a good 12 hours for the house to warm up after being cold-soaked all winter.  Mike is getting the hot tub up and running as I write this--always a top priority.  I've spent the morning unloading the trailer.  I still have some things to put away, but I think I got most of it inside.  I'm anxious to get it all done because when it's done . . . I get to start putting away all that yummy fabric I brought home with me!  All my sewing stuff is inside, and so when that's done, the stitching begins!

4 comments:

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Welcome home, Barbara! I like going away but there's always something about coming back home that can't be beat. Happy stitching!

Linda

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Welcome, weary traveller who went through some Interesting Times this trip. Mike happy to be home too? George..snicker...he has entertained me for many months now; love on him some for me !~!

Kathy said...

Welcome back to God's country Barbara. I absolutely love getting home after a trip in the rv. My most unfavorite thing is unloading the motorhome. Ugh! I usually take days to do it all. I can't wait to see some of the fabrics you bought put to good use.

Kate said...

Glad you made it home safely and have nothing drastic to deal with. I enjoyed seeing all your travels, so thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing what you stitch up with all those great fabrics you found!