1/25/11

Our Agenda

We've been in Hemet, California, about ten days now.  Mike has been playing volleyball with the old farts, we've enjoyed the hot tubs and the pool, and I've done more sewing than I ever expected to do.  I've kind of found a formula that allows me to enjoy sewing without taking up positively ever horizontal surface in the trailer.  I'll be posting pictures of the stuff I've done intermittently, so I won't do it here.

Our plan now is for Mike to fix the "landing gear" on the trailer.  He was able to get a new tire yesterday, and so that problem has been fixed.  Also, we replaced the walkie talkies that stopped working.  Today, yet another problem cropped up.  The bathroom faucet is leaking.  It has been for a while, but we're starting to think we need to replace it before it spouts a geyser someplace where we don't have access to plumbing supplies.  That's on today's agenda.  Then tomorrow, it'll be the landing gear.  Mike's sister, Meredith, lives in the area, and we still want to get in a visit with her.  After that we'll be moving on.

I think our next stop will be Escondido, California.  There is a park we'd like to check out there, and there's also at least one quilt shop in Escondido that I'd like to visit.  I've done business with them online, and they have provided such good service that I'd like to stop in and see their shop.  I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, but I'll tell you when I visit them.  After that, we may head east some more.  We have in mind to visit Big Bend National Park on this trip.  We were there four years ago and we really enjoyed it.  It's a huge park and out-of-the-way.  We've done very little hiking there, and so we'd like to go back.  That's as far east as we'll probably go, however, because we want to be back in Death Valley in mid-March when the wildflowers bloom.  After that, we'll probably start thinking about heading for home.  Taxes, you know.

Stay tuned.  More travel posts and pictures are ahead.

No comments: