10/23/15

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Gracie

AmysCreativeSide.com

Welcome to the Blogger's Quilt Festival and thanks for stopping by! This marks my sixth year participating with the festival and it's one of my favorite events of the year. Today, I'm entering a quilt I finished recently. It's my cat, Gracie!


It was created from this photograph of my gorgeous girl:


This was my first attempt at making a portrait quilt from a photograph, and I plunged right in after taking a class from June Jaeger at the Northwest Quilting Expo in September. You can read my original post when this quilt was completed right here. My other kitty, Smitty, is anxious for me to get a start on his portrait.

Gracie's portrait finishes up at 8 x 11 inches. It's fusible applique and free motion quilted on my domestic machine. 

I have a second entry in the "Scrappy Quilt" category of this festival. You can see my other entry right here. And this being my sixth year entering the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I thought you might like to check out my entries in previous festivals. You can see them right here.


21 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Smitty must have his little nose out of joint with Gracie getting all the attention these days. Sweet quilt!

Ellen said...

Love Gracie's expression.....kind of like, "Yes, I know I am beautiful!"

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful fabric portrait of your beautiful Gracie. Looking forward to seeing Smitty's portrait ... :) Pat

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice job, Barb

Debbie said...

So very sweet she is.....great job.

Kate said...

I love this mini, it's so fun. You really nailed Gracies eyes, they look just like hers.

Lisa said...

This is really great!

Katie Cogswell said...

So cooool! This is wonderful.

QuiltSue said...

That is so clever, but isn't Smitty a bit jealous?

Teje said...

Hi Barbara! This is the most beautiful cat quilt! I love how it looks somehow simple but still excatly like Gracie! x Teje

Anonymous said...

I only found your blog about a year ago, so I really enjoyed going back and looking at your previous entries in the blogger's quilt festival. You "body of work" is huge, amazing, varied, beautiful and I am in awe. My hat's off to you!!!

Angie in SoCal said...

A wonderful piece, Barbara! You caught the just right look of Gracie.

Laney said...

I love this mini! I came over from the quilt festival. It's my first year to participate, although I have enjoyed seeing the quilts in the past. I love mini quilts and cats so of course I love your quilt of Gracie! You did an excellent job capturing her likeness. :)

quiltzyx said...

The beautiful Gracie! I'm so glad she sat for her portrait photograph, so that when the stars aligned in the sky you could do the portrait in fabric!

SarahZ said...

How sweet! I think you did a fabulous job with this portrait!

Snoodles said...

Gracie is getting famous-er and famous-er.... lol. Awesome job on this!

MaƂgorzata Kreft said...

Great portrait :), I like it!

Tish Stemple said...

Awesome job on your portrait quilt! Gracie is beautiful and definitely deserves her own quilt :)

Johanna said...

This portrait is amazing! Well done!

Shannon said...

So fabulous! You really captured her look. What a lovely quilt (and cat)!

Kat said...

You cat portraits are so cool! Smitty's might actually be my favorite, but only by a little bit!