10/14/10

The Dog Didn't Do It

When we had Teddy/Hershel at our house the other night, I laid a blanket down in the laundry room for him to use for a bed.  Well, he ended up using the spare bedroom, as I said before.  But when I picked up the blanket the next day, it was wet on the bottom, and so was the rug underneath the blanket.  I was suspicious and wanted to blame Teddy, but the blanket wasn't wet on the top.  Since it was lying in front of the washer, I really, really wanted to think it was Teddy.  It wasn't.

When I did the laundry this morning, I always pile it up in colors and jeans around the laundry room.  I washed the first load, and when I picked up the second load, it was all wet.  Oh my.  So I called Mike and told him that something was going on with the washer.  We agreed that it didn't appear that anything was going to blow up, and so I just laid some towels down around the washer and finished four more loads of clothes before I finished.  And the towels got really wet.

Shoot.  Isn't there always something breaking or wearing out?  So when Mike got home, he pulled the front off the washer and threw the wet towels in for a "test wash."  As it turns out, the drain where the washer drains into the regular plumbing is clogged.  (Sigh of relief here.)  The laundry is all finished for at least a week, and so he'll do something about it this weekend.  If he can't snake it out himself, we'll call a plumber on Monday.

Teddy/Hershel, I should never have doubted you.  You were a really well-behaved dog (except for the howling).  I'm so glad we found your mommy.

3 comments:

quiltzyx said...

I'm so glad it's only a clogged drain! When my old washer did that, it turned out to be a 50 cent seal....that would cost $400 in labor to replace! I think the new washer ended up being cheaper.

Anonymous said...

Careful. I snaked a hole right through the pipe. Oh, my. Lots of water then.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

So glad to hear it's something simple with the washer. I hate it when things break down.