10/16/10

Foto Finish--Orange

Good morning, and welcome.  This week's Foto Finish theme is:  "Orange"

As I've said before, you can interpret the theme as loosely or as literally as you want to.  Just tell us why you chose the image and what was happening when you clicked the shutter.

Here's my entry:


My husband, Mike, and I were standing on a beach in Monterey.  We were watching the sun set, trying to see the green flash.  He's seen the green flash a couple of times and my sons, Erik and Matt, claim to have seen it too.  Since I've never seen it, I'm still a skeptic.  In any event, when the air around us turned orange, I turned around and saw this.  The sand and sky were really these colors, and impulsively, I snapped the shutter.

Since then, I've taken quite a few of these pictures of our shadows during our travels.  They're kind of fun.  I'm hoping I can collect enough of them to make into a photo book.  Mainly, I'm just hoping to do enough traveling to take enough pictures to make into a photo book (if you can follow that).  Now I'd like to see how you interpreted the theme.  Did you choose the color or the fruit?

Please come back again next Saturday when the Foto Finish theme will be:  "Patterns"

3 comments:

Maree said...

My apologies for mucking up trying to post a photo here. I sem to have managed to inadvertently post someone elses photos.

Maree said...

This is not working for me. I seem to have left a whole lot of nothing. The first images are definitely not mine.

Maree said...

Thanks for your help Barbara. It has downloaded my header as well - should that have happened. The orange in his piece has really liftd i. I wasn't sure whether to include orange to start with but after the first strip was added I was thrilled with the result.