Good morning, my friends. We were both a little slow off the starting block yesterday morning. It was nearly lunch time before I managed to do anything productive. Usually, I’d be making pancakes on a Sunday morning, but Mike made waffles instead. We thought our weather would be better, but it rained a good part of the day. Smitty sat looking longingly outside, wishing he could find the door that leads to summer.
So there was no progress made on the Jawbreakers blocks, but I traced the largest block for “Home is Where My Flock Is.”
These are the rest of the blocks I have for this quilt so far.
That was probably enough, but I was on a tracing roll by then, and so I traced the second block for Pieces of the Heart.
So far, I’ve only done the first of 12 blocks for this project.
And that took me to the end of the day.
It’s the large center block. Here are the smaller perimeter blocks I have for this project so far.
And as long as I was tracing, I figured I’d get all my take-along projects ready to go. Next, I traced the 12th and final block for Snowmen & Reindeer.
Today will be less busy, and I should be able to get more done in the sewing room. We’re mopping the floor this morning, but that’s the only thing on the day’s agenda. And there are leftovers for dinner, thank goodness. That gives me most of the day to work in the sewing room. I’d like to check in on the garden as well. It’s been a couple of days since I’ve been out there. Surprisingly, things are still growing and ripening, even with the chilly and wet weather we’ve had. Our weather station tells us that, all told, we’ve gotten over an inch of rain from this wet period so far. It’s good news for the dry grass in the field.
All right then. The day awaits. It’s going to be a good day. I hope you have a good day ahead of you too.










2 comments:
Thanks for the reminder of my favorite Robert Heinlein book, The Door Into Summer. Now I'll have to locate it (the books haven't been alphabetized since we moved here) and read it.
Just curious about the cat slow stitching project, will you stitch the purple, orange, and green stripe areas of the cat or are they complete as is?
Post a Comment