Good morning, my friends. It was such a busy day yesterday, but I got most everything done that I wanted to. It started with this pretty sunrise.
We had grocery shopping to do, and so we mostly went through our morning routine. There was one errand to run in town, and then we were home by about lunch time. My next step was to make the
Original Plum Torte. (If you click on that link, you can read the associated amusing story about the recipe.) We intentionally put off the start day of our upcoming trip to wait for the plums to ripen. They fooled us and ripened about three weeks ahead of schedule. We each had our torte with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for last night’s dessert. Mmm, mmm, mmm.
So, I guess there’s nothing holding us back from going now…except the green beans that are coming on fast and furious. Also, I’m keeping an eye on the corn. I expect we’ll have corn by next week.
When all of that was done, I could get back to my quilt binding. Within about half an hour, I’d turned all four corners…
And the Girls’ Getaway was finished. It ends up at 58 x 63 inches.
Here’s a peek at the back.
This could not have been accomplished without the assistance of my emotional support cat, who sat on the couch by my side.
The only other sewing related thing I did yesterday was to check my floss supply for the colors I’ll need to stitch the Plaid Cats. There were a few greens I needed. Somehow my floss supply of greens is lacking, although I have tons of just about every other color imaginable. I’ll still need to trace and color this, and so I’m hoping to have it ready for stitching by the end of today.
In the meantime, I still have a little stitching left to do on my current project. Most of today will be spent making applesauce. I probably have enough apples for two batches, and I expect that will take 4-5 hours. If there are apples left over, I’ll make some apple-pear chutney. That will need to wait for another day, however, because I don’t have all of what I need for that. A short grocery shopping trip will be required first.
Okay, so my jars and lids are awaiting me, as are the apples. It’s a lot of work, but so gratifying when I can gaze at those pretty jars of apple goodness on my pantry shelves. Off I go.
1 comment:
Very pretty sunrise. The plum tart looks really good. Congrats on finishing off Girl's Getaway. It's a very fun quilt. Your next kitty embroidery project is really cute. The quilt shop had Halloween fabric on sale, so I had to buy a couple of yards of a black cat print. I'm sure Queenie needs a new recliner quilt.
Post a Comment