Good morning, my friends. It was a busy kitchen day yesterday, but there was still some time for sewing. No actual sewing...just finishing and prepping, but it's all good.
My first stop was to finish the embroidery for Block 1 of the Quilter's Retweet. There was only a little ways to go with this.
While I was waiting for the applesauce to process, I tried using one of the pickling cucumbers in one of my favorite sandwiches. Usually, I use an English cucumber for this, but I wouldn't have known the difference. This sandwich is made using some "whipped" (read that, "spreadable") cream cheese. The cream cheese is spread on one side of the bread. Then I sprinkle it with fresh dill. (Dried dill works fine for this too.) Then the cucumbers are peeled and sliced, and I like a slice of Swiss cheese on mine. It's a good sandwich. Sometime I'd like to try it with one of the cream cheeses that's flavored with green onion.
Also, I've been mulling over what my next actual sewing/quilting project should be. I've decided to work with the small quilts for quilting, starting with this Tulip Time quilt. It's a small quilt top I finished back in March. Working with my smaller quilts will give me some sewing time before we leave on our trip without having to (gasp) leave something unfinished.
Just after dinner last night, we watched our neighborhood bobcat stalk and capture his prey (probably a gopher), and then sit in the grass enjoying his dinner.
Then, he walked away, licking his chops. Mmm, mmm, mmm. Ya gotta love those greasy, grimy gopher guts.
All righty, then. Pancakes are next, and then I'll get going on the Plaid Cat. Today should feel more routine than the last several days. Except for baking some zucchini muffins this morning, I'm looking forward to doing nothing out of the ordinary. At some point, I'll need to get the rest of the ingredients for the chutney, but that can wait. Today I'm going to put my feet up and chill for the afternoon. How about you?












No comments:
Post a Comment