Good morning, my friends. Can you believe it's the last day of July already? My mind is still back in March, as if we've only just returned home from our winter trip. And now...here we are, halfway through summer. We'll be home all of August, but we have a trip planned for mid-September. As the time gets closer, I’ll say more about where we’re going. Also, we’re still sweating the possibility of a gas shortage. If that happens, the trip is off.
There wasn't much time for sewing yesterday. I had to deal with a basal cell on my shoulder. The doctor's appointment was quick. Once I saw the doctor, I was finished in less than 10 minutes. I'm really liking my new dermatologist. He seems confident and competent, and he's been very personable. Before seeing the doctor, I did a short grocery shopping trip and then dropped off an Amazon return for Mike. Since I didn't get home until after 4:00 p.m., it seemed too late in the day. Also, I was soothing my heavy-traffic-frazzled nerves. Really, I just needed to sit and pulsate for a while.
The day started as it usually does, checking in on the garden. Not much to report there, but I took a better picture of the red and white zinnia.
The bee on this orange zinnia seemed mesmerized by the flower. It sat perfectly still, as if asleep. As always, I was tempted to pet it, but resisted the impulse.
The bird feeders needed filling. On my treks back and forth to the seed bins, I noticed our poor deer-eaten rose had managed to produce another flower. This one was low to the ground, and the deer must not have seen it.
Back inside, I took the first stitches on Block 11 for the Snowmen and Reindeer project. This block is called "Reindeer with Fancy Antlers."
There were a couple of housekeeping chores on my list, and then I was able to quilt another row of Kittens.
These are pretty easy, and the threads are behaving nicely.
Now I've moved to the top row of kittens. I'll finish the blocks today, and then get ready to quilt the sashings and borders. Probably I'll have this ready for binding by Monday, if not sooner.
So with all that going on, I didn't get any time with the Lemurs. I'll have some time to work on this today. Here's where I left it. I'm afraid I chose a too-dark gray for the face, but maybe I'll feel differently when I get farther along. It's not too late to change it.
The garden needs hoeing, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Some of my day will be spent in the kitchen. My supply of
Tomato-Jalapeno Jam ran out last week, and so I’m going to make more. I like it with eggs, and especially on a fried egg sandwich. You can think of it as gourmet ketchup. It's one of my favorite condiments. Happily, I can make just a small batch, and it doesn't take very long. For this, I'm using store-bought Roma tomatoes.
Also, I want to bake some more
granola cups. We’re loving those for breakfast. They’re light and filling at the same time. And since it’s Friday, I sometimes like to make us a dessert. I have some homemade apple pie filling in the pantry that needs to get used. I’ll bake us a Dutch Apple Pie for Two.
It sounds like a lot, but I think there will still be plenty of time for sewing. I'm looking forward to getting back to the Lemurs. August's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge should be announced by tomorrow, and so I'll need to make another of the Inverted Star blocks. These are the blocks I have so far.
With that, I’ll get on with my day. How’s the summer treating you so far? What's going on in your sewing room today?
No comments:
Post a Comment