7/3/24

Out of Order

Good morning, my friends. The Photoshop Elements debacle of yesterday had me off my regular routine. Things happen in a certain order, usually, but everything was seemingly backward in the morning. Really, I didn't feel as if I was back on track until I made it into the sewing room around 2:30 p.m. Smitty was happy we were finally going to do something productive.


Before that, I needed to make a trip into town for more lemons. The annuals needed watering, and I wanted to do that before it got too hot. (We're supposed to be getting a heatwave. So far, it's a no-show. The sky is overcast today.) When I finished with the watering, I took a walk around. There are apples on the apple tree. The largest among them are about ping-pong ball size.


Here's a little sampling from the bee garden. These are evening primrose.


These daisies are growing virtually everywhere now. We have them in our bee garden, but they're growing all along the roadsides and in empty fields.


The blooming grasses are my worst hay fever nightmare, but I still think they're pretty.


Sadie was watching me from the highest shelf in her catio.


When I was finally able to do some sewing, I made two more blocks for the Shop Hop 3.0 quilt. This first shop, Will-N-Bee'z Quilt & Coffee Shoppe, is just about an hour away from my home. It was raining the day I visited, and this fabric was in honor of our wet climate.


This next one was from Patches Quilt Shop in Panguitch, Utah. If you've been following along, you might remember when we visited Panguitch. We went specifically to see the memorial park created to commemorate the Panguitch Quilt Walk. You can read about our visit at this post right here. Just around the corner and down the street was a quilt shop. After learning the story of the quilt walk, it made this fabric an easy choice. I bought a yard of this one. It's another I can fussy cut for those quilt block cornerstones.


Here are the blocks I have for this quilt so far. I want to make four more before it will be ready to be sewn into a quilt top.


Today is going to be at least partly a kitchen day. Our friend is coming up tomorrow to celebrate his birthday. I'm going to bake some cookies for him today, and I want to make a potato salad for tomorrow's dinner. There should still be time for sewing. If there is, I want to make July's cat wearing aqua pajamas using this fabric.


Here are the cats I've made for this quilt so far.


If there's still time, I'll get busy doing the cutting for the Light Frame quilt. That was supposed to be up next, but I'm holding off doing any more cutting for just a bit. Maybe I'll be more in the mood after making a cat. I'm thinking about making a white cat with blue eyes. Or maybe a Siamese cat. I'll have to see what fabrics jump out of my scrap bins before I can decide.

The only other thing I'll be doing today is to start on the next lesson for my Photoshop Elements class. We've made our way to Lesson 7 of 12, and they're getting more interesting and helpful. I like some of the new features that are available, and so I can say I'm glad I made the switch, despite the problems from yesterday. I'm confident that won't happen again.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. ~ William Arthur Ward

piecefulwendy said...

Those cat in pajamas blocks are so fun. I see her pattern is on sale at Fat Quarter Shop, which is tempting. Not that I need another quilt pattern, mind. But still. We'll see whether I cave or not.

dgs said...

Your bee garden and projects are all lovely, but I'm drawn to your cats in PJs quilt. It is really coming along and I love the mix of fabrics and colors you have chosen. This is going to be a purrfect cat quilt with great humor and love.

Sorry about your Photoshop Elements pr.oblems. I had problems trying to load an old version (12) to a newer O/S and it killed my old laptop. No recovery that I could figure out. I'm still working thru issues on a new laptop (I consumed more space by loading from an old backup) and still doing cleanup to free up space. While I have Corel software, I miss PS Elements and will most likely buy it this Fall. So many new features in it I will need to take a class too!

I hope you have a very Happy 4th.

Vicki W said...

Those cat blocks are so darned cute!

Kate said...

It does always seem the day's not right if my routine gets thrown off. The book blocks are such fun. I like your teal kitty pj fabric. A white kitty would be a really fun addition. Hope you got lots done before you took a break for the 4th celebration.