10/12/23

Countdown to Finishing

Good morning, my friends. We were off to a slow start yesterday...at least, I was. I slept in a little later than usual, and then I was just slow getting around. It meant we didn't get to the grocery store until nearing lunch time. It was a long list, although we handled it pretty quickly. By the time we were in a position to have our lunch, it was nearing 2:00. And, of course, a grocery shopping trip of such magnitude always requires a nap. And, who am I kidding? Naps are always a good idea.

So, all of that to say that it was late in the afternoon before I made my way into the sewing room. Fortunately, my steadfast and handsome cat was there to assist.


With his helpful input, I was able to finish off Tiny House #34.


Despite my late start, there was still time in the day to get quite a bit done on Tiny House #35. When it was time to start dinner, I had it this far:


It should be easy enough to finish it off today, and then I'll be on the LAST ONE!!! I'll be so happy to have them all finished. It will be a while before they're sewn into a quilt top, but having the paper-piecing done will be like getting a new lease on life. Sadie agrees completely.


For dinner last night, I tried something new. We really liked this. It's an Americanized version of Goulash. I've made Hungarian Goulash before. If memory serves, it was strips of round steak and some other stuff. Basically, Beef Stroganoff with a tomato-y kind of sauce. This Americanized version uses elbow macaroni, and it's all cooked in a single pot. Once the chopping was done, it was quick to make it. We had it with a side of Texas Toast.


So, this is another NYTimes recipe. Here's the link, but you'll probably need a subscription to open it. If you want the recipe, and you can't open the link, email me, and I'll be happy to send it to you.

On today's agenda, I've reached the end of my housework vacation. Time to get back on track with that today. I have a couple of small housekeeping chores to do, and I'm going to bake some cornbread for tonight's dinner. When that's finished, I can get back to my sewing. With the finish of the Tiny House blocks in sight, that will be my first priority in the sewing room. I won't stop until I've defeated every single one. Cover me. I'm going in.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. ~ Theodore Isaac Rubin

Sara said...

Those 2 newest tiny house blocks are really cute. The goulash looks tasty!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I am beyond impressed at your stich-to-it-iveness with all that tiny paper piecing. I would have bailed on that project by about the third block. Now I expect you'll have the joy of picking all the papers out - or - did you use something that can stay in?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'd love that recipe. When I was a kid in school (TX) our school served goulash every week, and it was my favorite thing they served.