9/8/23

Declo, Idaho

Good morning, my friends. It was another long day of driving yesterday. The kitties knew when it was time to leave. They're such seasoned travelers, they recognize the signs. Smitty was blocking the middle door access to their cubbies. Sadie clearly wanted to join him, and so I opened the door to the left of center, and she jumped right up. 


I closed it again after that, and that was where they rode yesterday. When we arrived at our final destination, it was as if we'd only been gone for an hour or so. They wanted their treats and their dinner, and then they settled in for some lap time.

There isn't much to say about this part of the world. It's mainly agricultural. We saw field after field of corn and (probably) mint. The field pictured below was all in sunflowers.


We saw some interesting abandoned structures. I always wonder about their origin.



And we saw more than a few barns.


This one below was part of a larger complex. I might still be in use, although it looks abandoned.


Since leaving the Columbia River Gorge, the roadsides have been lined with black-eyed Susans. The hillsides were covered as well.


About an hour into our drive yesterday, we came to the Snake River. We drove parallel to the river for a while.


Eventually, we left our home state of Oregon...


Crossed over the Snake River...


And hello Idaho!


There were some pretty roses growing at one of the rest stops where we spent a little bit of time.



And then we just drove and drove and drove until we reached our final destination in Declo, Idaho. We spent the night here, and we'll head to Vernal, Utah, today. When we reach Vernal, we'll stick for three days while we explore Dinosaur National Monument.

It seems as good a time as any to remind you that I almost never know if I'll have internet access down the road. I expect to have it in Vernal. I do not expect to have it when we reach our next stop in Colorado. We're heading to a place we've been before. There was no wi-fi on our last visit, but that was some time ago. Possibly things have changed, but I doubt it. In any case, I'll most likely be blogging while we're in Vernal. If not, then I'll probably be out of range for around ten days. I'm hoping not because you know...words in my head. Always words in my head. 

This place where we're staying right now has a grill that will deliver breakfast to our rig. Their Happy Camper breakfast is hashbrowns, two eggs, two strips of bacon and toast. Sounds pretty good, huh? No extra charge for bringing it to the rig. It's kind of a treat while we're RVing when someone brings food to the door. So...what the heck? We'll do that for this morning's breakfast, and then we'll be on our way. Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

I always sort of swooned at the sight of the classic barn structures in central and northern Minnesota, where everything seemed rustic and weathered and made to age gracefully. ~ Richard Dean Anderson

Sara said...

Who knew - room service at your RV!! That's a clever idea. Enjoy your vacation!

Kate said...

Hope your RV service breakfast was yummy. What a fun idea. Safe travels today.

gpc said...

Fields of mint? That must smell nice to drive past. I would definitely be a fan of breakfast delivery!

Kigwit said...

I hope you continue to have a fabulous trip. I'd love to have someone deliver my breakfast! I'll miss your daily posts while you are away.

Christine said...

Love those kitties..... To sleep, perchance to dream... But not fall out!
It's almost breakfast in bed.... Hope it was as good as it sounds.
Xx

Dynnamae said...

I always enjoy that you share all your traveling with us. I have a feline
Lucy, and I love your Sadie & Smitty. Thank you for your blog and all the lovely photos.

Jenny said...

What fun, a delicious breakfast delivered go your door. That will set you up for a great day of travel and exploring.