7/29/22

Miracle at the Three Cats Ranch

It was a cat-tastrophe of a day...if you're a cat. Their day started with them being hauled off to the vet for their immeownizations.


Smitty got his shots. Annoyingly, they told me Sadie was overdue for her annual physical, and they would not give her shots until she was up to date. In nearly 50 years of cat ownership, I've never heard of that before. (I really dislike our vet, but our choices are few unless we want to drive farther.) So all of that to say that we loaded up Sadie and traumatized our little scaredy cat for no reason. We'll have to do it again in two weeks.

To make matters worse...for kitties, that is...when we arrived home THE WORKERS WERE HERE!!!
They were a day early! So, the kitties were ready for their treats of valor, but they couldn't come inside the house. There were MANS inside, and kitties do not like MANS. How many times do we need to go over this? They spent a good part of their day hiding under bushes and trees, trying to stay out of the hot sun, and away from noisy hammering and shouting mans.


We'd been told they might come Thursday, but we didn't really believe it. Now the hole in the bedroom wall is patched. A large fan is running to hurry the drying of the drywall patch. Today, they'll be back to add texture to the wall. Also, the big move started. All the heavy furniture is moved out onto a covered patio where they've hung a waterproof tarp for protection. Most everything in the sewing room will be moved up to the garage today. Already, the sewing room is completely dismantled. There will be no sewing for at least a week or more.

Fortunately, I had enough time to finish off The Neighborhood quilt. There was just a little more stitching to do in the straight-line areas, and then I stitched a feather border around the outer edge. It's pretty hard to see in this picture, but there you go anyway.


Then I squared it up and sewed the binding on. About an hour later, the sewing room was completely disassembled.


This is actually happening at a pretty good time. I'll be spending a good part of this weekend packing things up for a short getaway to the beach next week. I'll take this quilt along to finish hand-stitching the binding. There will be plenty to keep me busy over the weekend. We're expecting the carpet to be laid next Friday or the following Monday, and then the guys will be back to help replace the furniture and everything else.

Today we have some errands to run in town, and we'll be helping to move the fabric out of the sewing room. Also, I have a dessert to bake. One of my recipes this week had me zesting an orange. And now I have a denuded orange. Sounds like I need to bake an Orange Upside-Down Cake, doesn't it? I'll do that today. Of course, there's laundry to do as well. My pulse is going to get weak and thready. (I heard that on a doctor TV show, so I know it's legit medical talk.) Still, I'll probably survive this ordeal. 

Insofar as blogging goes, I'll be blogging over the weekend, but then taking a few days off while we go ATVing at the beach. The reveal for my "animal kingdom" art quilt is on Monday. I'll be you forgot all about this guy:


Happily for all of us, the reveal is coming. 

All right, so there's lots to do. Time to get a move on.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. ~ Walt Disney

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Woo hoo! Let the celebration begin! The MANS are there, the mans are there - and there's something being done. Happy dancing on your behalf. Mind you, if it were me I wouldn't be so happy about new carpeting because there's some chemical that they use that I'm extremely allergic to. New carpet and I simply don't play nicely together.
Having said that - a week with no sewing...

Julierose said...

I guess it's good they are finally getting down to finishing up your place. I hope your beach jaunt will be full of relaxation and sunny days...
hugs, Julierose
[Poor Sadie--just not fair!!]