5/10/22

A Little Bit of Sewing

It was a lazy morning yesterday. I'd done my routine out of order, and for some reason, that made me want a morning nap. After writing my post, I slid down on the couch and slept for a while longer. It was nearly noon before I got myself around. By then, I had ideas about going into town to run some errands. One of the errands was to pick out my annual Mother's Day flower baskets to hang outside on either side of our greenhouse window. We chose this one:


I liked it for its dark purple petunias, which are a little bit fragrant. Also, I liked the little pink flowers, which seem to be a "double" version of a regular petunia. Maybe not...I'm only guessing.


And this one:


I liked it for the bi-colored petunias in the mix.


While Mike was hanging those, we took the opportunity to set free the kitties for some afternoon play. They stick pretty close to one another when they're outside these days. One of our neighbors allows her dog, Ginny, to roam free sometimes. Ginny comes up to our field and hunts squirrels. She won't hurt the kitties, but she does spook them. We see that as somewhat advantageous. It keeps them on alert, even when she's not around.


Smitty was calculating the distance between himself and this bushy-tailed squirrel, trying to decide if it was worth the chase.


Apparently not. He decided to come inside and help me pick fabrics for the next Vintage Linen block.


It was late in the day by the time I finished it, but there it is...Block #5 for this quilt.


Here are all five blocks together.


Since we ran all our errands yesterday, I can devote today to mostly sewing. Probably, I should do a little housework too, but it won't take long. For today's sewing, I'll get started on the 11th block for the New Mexico Kitchen quilt. Here are the ten blocks I've made so far.


Block # 11 will be the "Taco" block, and it'll be the last one with the dreaded fringe at the edge of the tablecloth. I doubt I'll get it finished today, but I'll take it as far as time will allow.

It's looking like we'll get a reasonable day of weather today too. I'm wanting to get out...finally...and weed the culinary herb garden. There are a few stray weeds here and there I'd like to pull up too. Also, I've been telling myself I'd go for a walk if the rain would ever stop. Maybe I'll do that too. With so many possibilities, it's hard to choose.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Where flowers bloom so does hope. ~ Lady Bird Johnson

Anonymous said...

Your hanging baskets are a combination of petunias and calibrachoa. Very pretty!

piecefulwendy said...

Your hanging baskets are beauties! Fun to see the kitties out and exploring!