12/8/21

More Barn Quilting

 Yesterday morning was spent getting a bone density scan and then grocery shopping. Fortunately, the list at the grocery store was short. When I got home, I had some lunch, and then got back to my quilting. I'm happy to say the quilt blocks are all quilted now. Everything was going along smoothly until...uh-oh...the cat-tle are out of their pens.


And how can you resist that bright face? Well, I can't. We had to stop for some head butts and cheek rubs. 


By day's end, all the barn blocks were quilted.


Here's how it's looking from the back:


It's a little easier to see the quilting if I hold the camera at an angle.


I really love that backing fabric. It makes me think of our road trips when I'm taking pictures of barns in order to keep myself awake. That fabric came from Durango Quilt Company in Durango, Colorado. I was still embroidering the blocks at the time. When I saw that fabric, I bought five yards specifically to use for this quilt back.

Speaking of road trips, we got word our camper repairs are finished. We're heading up to Yakima again to pick it up tomorrow, and so I won't finish my quilting until we return. We'll sleep in the camper overnight Thursday, and we'll be home by Friday afternoon. I was hoping to have the quilting finished and ready for binding by the weekend, but that will be delayed for a day or two. Oh well. The weather should be dry, and so we'll be able to spend a little time in Toppenish seeing some more of their murals.

For today's quilting effort, I'm planning to quilt the horizontal sashings and cornerstones. If there's time (and there should be), I'll quilt the inner border. The outer border will probably have to wait until we get back. There's also laundry on today's agenda, so there's plenty to keep me busy. 

I'm signing off for a couple of days. I'll be back Saturday morning to tell you what's new.


10 comments:

Barbara said...

To quilt is human. To finish is divine. ~ Unknown

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would have to succumb to those bright eyes too - skritches would definitely be in order.
btw - question for you - do you happen to know who manufactured that backing fabric you're using??

Magpie's Mumblings said...

ps - meant to say - safe travels!

Julierose said...

Enjoy your little getaway...nice quilting and that Barn fabric is really perfect!! Hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Those wispy breezy cloud-like backgrounds are purrfect for this barn quilt (one of my faves as you know). What would we do without our kitty-buds helping us with our quilting endeavors? Safe travels tomorrow!

Jenny said...

The backing fabric is perfectly perfect! Enjoy your short trip away. We are off in the caravan this weekend, having a Christmas rally with our caravan club friends.

SJSM said...

Glad your camper finished when the weather is clear. That trip will be much nicer without wind and rain trying to drown you in the Columbia River. Your clear weather is good news for us, too. Your rain is coming down here.

Awww, Smitty is such a helper. Getting a good skritch is good for human and cat.

piecefulwendy said...

Fun to see the progress on this. Enjoy your trip!

Sandra W said...

Oh my. I love photos of cat feet/legs.

Michele said...

I'm glad your helper was there to guide you along. :)