4/16/21

Hear ye, Hear ye: To All Email Subscribers

 

I am in the process of attempting to import all of you into a new mail server. If you receive an email from Mail Chimp regarding this blog, don't be surprised, and don't worry. At this point, even I'm not sure what's going to happen. Read it and do what it says, and we'll go from there.

Feedback would be very much appreciated. My expectation is that you may receive two email updates from me tomorrow. One will be from the old Feedburner account, the other will be from the new Mail Chimp account. Feedback will let me know if it's safe to delete the Feedburner account. When I know it's safe, I'll delete Feedburner and you'll be receiving just one email from me each day that I post. So, please let me know.

And if you're on Blogger and you're gnashing your teeth about this change, know this: It's my understanding that you can use Mail Chimp for free for up to 2,000 email subscribers. Simply click right here to set up your account. You'll need to export your email subscribers to a CSV...it's easy. Just click here for instructions. Once you've exported your subscribers to a CSV, then it's a simple matter to import them to Mail Chimp. Really...just go to Mail Chimp, set up your account, and then import. To create a new "widget" for your blog, click on "Signup Form," and follow the instructions. 

I'm still figuring this out myself, and I'll know more when tomorrow's post goes out. Fingers crossed it all works like I think it will. It would help if you crossed your fingers too.

11 comments:

Paulette said...

I've been wondering about options. Thanks for this info. I thought my CSV would download as a spreadsheet but it was just a .txt (text) file. Did yours too?

Terri in BC said...

thanks for the info! I was wondering how to handle this on my own blog (not that I have a lot of subscribers). Personally, I've created a list of blogs that I like to read on my own blog, so have not relied on the Feedburner account much.

MissPat said...

I knew you could be counted on to be a good detective and ferret (not gopher) out a solution. Fingers crossed and waiting with bated breath for tomorrow to see what transpires.
Pat

Darlene S said...

Thank you for being the leader on this issue, researching and sharing your findings. Greatly appreciated.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Thanks for putting the effort into finding a new email subscription and for sharing the information with us. I'll wait to see how it works for you then update my blog. Happy sitching!

Marilyn said...

Have added you to my address book.
Hope this works, would miss reading your blog!
BTW, the deer here in Placerville, CA love my geraniums!

Christine said...

I binned the mailchimp....if I don't recognise it I delete it.. sorry.

Cathy Smith said...

Works like a charm!

Sandra W said...

When I was thinking about getting another cat I did have a look at the new age pooper. In Canada it's about $600 plus tax--so nearly $700--and it was only guaranteed for 1 year. It does sound like a big improvement and I'm surprised your kitties used it with no bother. Cat litter is a downer, especially if you don't have a spot to locate it that works. I'll be interested in how it works and if Mike likes it.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to set it so it shows your full blog post like feedburner did? I have very slow internet so being able to read a post in my email vs having to wait for it to load on blogger makes a high difference.

Diane Wild said...

I am subscribed. As long as I can get your daily uplifting posts, I am happy. Thanks