1/4/21

Let Sleeping Cats Lie

The past couple of weeks have been exhausting for kitties. Smitty spent most of his day yesterday in his clubhouse. Sadie was on duty as the medicinal cat/pain management kitty. As you can see, she's completely worn out from all the extra work she's taken on.


It was a pretty decent day of weather yesterday, and so when she was rested up enough, she went outside to rustle up a mouse for Smitty. She catches 'em. He eats 'em. They should probably go into business together. There are lots of small furry mammals running around the neighborhood, and they could probably make a killing. (Ha!)


But, yeah...all work and no play, you know.


I hadn't slept well the night before with the rain and the pain, and so I didn't get any sewing done until late in the day. One more pieced snowflake is finished. I still need three more.


And just so you know I'm not showing you the same pieced snowflake over and over again, I did a partial and messy layout of the blocks so you can get an idea how they will look.


Meanwhile, Sadie napped nearby.


The only other sewing I did yesterday was to move the Rise and Shine slow-stitching along a little bit. Originally, I was going to do this in just one color of variegated green. Yesterday, I decided to add in a few more muted colors.


It should be same old, same old today. I'm hoping Sadie caught up on her rest yesterday because I really need my kitty monitors. Maybe Smitty will be more energetic today.

Last night was a little better sleep-wise. I'm up earlier this morning and feeling more rested. I'd really love to finish off those pieced snowflakes today, but that might be a tall order. Only one way to find out. As I write this there's nothing else on the agenda. Mike usually has a reason to drive into town, and so I might ride along if he does. 

9 comments:

Barbara said...

For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don’t enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are you’re not going to be very happy. If someone bases his/her happiness on major events like a great job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, that person isn’t going to be happy much of the time. If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness. ~ Andy Rooney

MissPat said...

Oh I miss Andy Rooney. My favorite curmudgeon. You certainly are making remarkable progress in stitching, quilting and physical therapy. No wonder the kitties are exhausted.
Pat

Darlene S said...

Your snowflake quilt is going to be brilliant. I love how it is coming together. Good to see the kitties are still help you get much needed rest and follow safe shoulder PT thru little spurts of quilting and stitchery. Keep getting stronger day by day.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh my, the snowflakes are going to be stunning! It's a good thing you have two medicinal cats in your home, you know, since it's such exhausting work ;-)

Julierose said...

the snowflakes are so pretty!! this will be yet another gorgeous piece...
Your kitty nurses are really on the job...feel better soon hugs, Julierose

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh those snowflake blocks just make me smile - I'm lovin' on that wonderful blue!!

Vicki W said...

The snowflake quilt is going to be such a pretty winter quilt. Glad you are continuing to improve every day!

piecefulwendy said...

Sometimes having those nothing else on the agenda days is really nice. A ride into town with Mike might be a good break too! That snowflake quilt is going to be one of my favorites, I think!

SJSM said...

A ride into town sounds nice. That is off the list right now unless it really is just a ride. Too many people getting infected where we live. We do curbside pickup as a result.

Love those snowflakes. The quilt will be one of your favorites. I like how you are making progress and pushing just a little but also listen to your pain threshold. Did Smitty ever come out of the Clubhouse to join Sadie in the yard?