1/28/21

Essential Tasks Day

There isn't much to say about yesterday. We spent the day doing our grocery shopping, and I spent the day doing laundry. I love our little washer/dryer combo, but it takes absolutely forever to do a single load of clothes. Usually, I limit myself to no more than two loads in a day. I got an early start yesterday, and so I was able to get three loads done. With such a small washer, the loads are small, but it takes about two hours for a single load to wash and dry.

The day wasn't completely lacking in enjoyment. I did some slow-stitching. This morning, I finished up the rest of this section.


Now I've moved my hoop to the bottom of the piece. When this part is done, I'll be about 1/3 of the way toward finishing it. 


Still a long way to go, but I think the "bolts of fabric" represent the most densely stitched parts of the whole.

While I was stitching, the kitties worked out a lap-sharing arrangement on Mike's lap. Ordinarily, we're a one-cat-per-lap family, but sometimes we're able to negotiate a truce. Desperate times call for desperate measures.


Last last night, I remembered I'd forgotten to share a picture from the day before. I went out for a walk later in the evening, and saw a nearly full moon rising over the snow-covered hills. Very pretty.


So today, I really am going to do some sewing. I've already put Mike on notice that he'll need to help me lift the sewing machine up onto the table. I can do the rest myself, but the sewing machine is a heavy sucker. It's also our last day here in Pahrump. We'll be moving on to Boulder City, Nevada, tomorrow. We're hoping to get some business taken care of there. For one thing, I want to visit a quilt shop. No reason in particular except that I need my quilt shop fix. 

Also, I'm going to attempt to get another x-ray of my shoulder. When I last saw the doctor, I was to come back next week for an x-ray, but then we came south. Yesterday, I spent some time perusing what orthopedic surgeons might be available in the local area who could order such a thing. I don't really need to see a doctor...I just want the x-ray. And so I'll put in a call to our health insurer today too and see if they can help me get it arranged. I've been on both sides of the health insurance mess, as a patient and a provider, and I'll say right up front that nothing gets my hackles up like health insurance issues. Only, maybe now seeing an unmasked person in the grocery store makes me even more crabby.

So I'm not sure I'll blog tomorrow since moving on always requires more of us in the morning. Could be I'll find some time when we get set up in Boulder City. It's only about two hours away, so it'll be a short day of driving. One way or another, I'll be back in a day or two.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Life moves on and so should we. ~ Spencer Johnson

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Is that a fireplace I see in the background?? Oh my - how I envy you that! The kitties (and Mike!) certainly look contented. Hope you can arrange your x-ray without too much angst. Be safe on your travels!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Is your shoulder bothering you that much? Purhaps a sling to wear when out on walks or errands so your isn't 'hanging' to releave the pressure. Redwork cannot be rushed so your stitches stay uniform. We are only 8 degrees with wind chills making it minus 10 - I am not going out!

gpc said...

Since I enjoy nothing so much as a good complaint, let me add to yours: these days, not to take anything away from irritating health/insurer issues or unmasked idiots, my blood boils regularly at photos of half masked congressional officials and others, their obscene noses hanging out to wave in the breeze while they pretend to be counted among the righteous. Bottom line, there seems to be selfish and stupid in every direction. Stay safe.

Christine said...

I had thought that Quilt shop visiting had been forgotten!!!
Beautiful evening photo of the mountains. After four months on my own tucked up inside, I do sooo love your vistas. I think it's very good of you to do all this travelling for me....lol
Xxx

SJSM said...

Lovely moonlit night. Good luck on getting the X Ray. Happy Trails to Boulder City.

Kate said...

Safe travels today. Hope you got in some good stitching time yesterday. I may have to go for a quilt shop fix myself today. Haven't been in a while.

piecefulwendy said...

The kitties look pretty cozy all nestled with Mike. I know you had a successful sewing day. Safe travels!

Unknown said...

Beautiful full moon last night. Rest today and sew.
Stay safe in your next journey.
Nancy

Susan said...

Good luck with getting the x-ray and don't forget to have them send it to your doctor at home who can tell you what to do next.

Happy trails today.

Lynette said...

That really is a gorgeous photo. It's fun to pop back into the blogs I like following, and see that you two are out and about.