12/24/20

Above the Clouds

We actually had to set an alarm this morning in order to get to my doctor’s appointment on time. We stopped off first at x-ray for two more views of the shoulder. When the doctor looked at them, he pronounced the shoulder healing, with formation of new bone evident, and everything appears stable. So, no surgery is recommended at this point. That’s just fine with me. I notice my arm being a little more useful every day, although progress is very slow. It’ll probably be at least a couple of months before I’m back to something approaching normal. Still, it’s good news, and it means (barring any more catastophes) we can travel south this winter. 

Except for a lot of fun mail, it’s same old same old around here. Me sitting in the chair most of the time, kitties taking shifts as medicinal cats. Sadie took the first shift yesterday.


By evening, she was so worn out, she could barely sit up straight. Poor little thing. 


Fortunately, Smitty showed up to take over.


Sadie was able to get a well-earned nap.


I got such fun mail yesterday...this fabric get well postcard from my friend Vicki W. Isn’t this cute? I’ve never actually seen one of these go through the mail as is, but Vicki slapped a stamp on that sucker, and it made it all the way here. Thanks, Vicki.


Also, the Merry, Merry Snowmen pattern from Bunny Hill Designs. It’s just as cute as I remember it. When a slot opens up on my WIPs dance card, I’ll start this one next.


The button packet arrived as well.


They’re mainly hearts and stars, and buttons for the snowmen coats, eyes, and mouths.


Also, my friend Ila sent one of her surprise packages. She pulled this stuff out of her “cats only” drawer. There are little softy panels, panels with cat quotations, lace, floss...just a whole lot of fun stuff. And cats! What could be better than that?


It was a fun package to open. I especially love this panel with a cat alphabet for slow stitching. That will be right at the top of my to-do list. It’ll be a good take-along project.


So thank you, Ila. That was a fun package to open and a boost to my spirit.

Today Mike and I are going to work together to put some kind of Christmas feast together for just the two of us. Today we’ll make our dessert, and one of the green bean side dishes. We’ll do a little more tomorrow. Aside from dinner for two, we have no plans. We’ll miss the kids terribly, but better safe than sorry. 


I’ll be taking the day off from blogging again tomorrow, but I’ll be back at it on Saturday with whatever news accuulates in the meantime. Until then, Merry Christmas, my blogging friends. Stay safe and stay healthy. Surely better days are ahead.


20 comments:

Barbara said...

May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve. ~ Anonymous

Gail in Vegas said...

Great news about your shoulder!
Have a wonderful, relaxing Christmas!

Cathy Smith said...

Merry Christmas to you, Mike and the feline nursing staff!

Teri Russell said...

Things are looking up for you and we are almost over 2020 - not much else you could ask for. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Janarama said...

What a great Christmas present for you to find out you don't need surgery. Fantastic! Merry Christmas to you, Mike and your loving furry kids.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Argh - second try at a comment! As I was saying (ever so brilliantly I might add!) hooray for good news about your shoulder!! The kitties (and Mike) have done an amazing job at helping you heal and avoid the dreaded surgery.
And lovely to get some wonderful mail (can't get over how fast that pattern arrived!).
Merry Christmas to you, Mike and those amazing purr-machines.

Darlene S said...

Very good news. I hope you keep healing and will never need surgery. The cats have been good nurses to you, as well as Mike. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Julierose said...

Such good news from the MD!! That is the best gift of all for you this Christmas...;)))
I love the kitty alphabet stitchery--just adorable...
Stay safe we are just the two of us here too...
hugs for a wonder filled Christmas despite all the broo-haha around us...
Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good news! Stressing bone makes bone, so a little bit of use each day is good. We have postponed the holiday - I'll be dining with the furkids.

MissPat said...

What a great Christmas present. And lots of other goodies, too. Slow and steady wins the race, so don't go moving any furniture and watch your step. Merry Christmas.
Pat

Dorothy said...

Merry Christmas to you Mike and ALL the kids--2 legged and 4 legged. Glad there is no surgery right now. Stay safe, healthy and happy. Thank you for all the trips you've taken me on through the years

Quilter said...


Merry Christmas to You and Hubby...
Such wonderful new on your shoulder - thankful no surgery
needed - just to be patient and let it heal soon you will
be as good as new or maybe even better... Thanks for all
the inspiration on your blog..
Have a Blessed Christmas and staying safe is the way to go.
MaryLou

And what a wonderful box your received from Ila...

Sherry said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and your hubby. So happy to hear you are on the mend. At least you are able to do a little embroidery while you are waiting.

Nancy in IN said...

Glad you are doing better.
Merry Christmas.
I send quilted postcards each year. I was told this year that I need to add more postage (I was using first class) as they must hand stamp them. I have sent them overseas and have received from overseas. I never heard they had problems. You could get clear envelopes to use if you want.
Enjoy your day.
Nancy

piecefulwendy said...

That is definitely some happy mail! Merry Christmas to you and Mike!

Charlotte M. said...

Merry Christmas Barbara. Glad you're on the mend, even slowly.

Pam Dempsey said...

Glad to hear you're healing! You have such sweet, pretty kitties but Miss Sadie is sooo beautiful :)

Shepherdess55 said...

Merry Christmas to the residents and nursing staff at Stanbro Manor. I'm glad you got wonderful news regarding your shoulder. Will you at some point have sessions with a PT?

Susan said...

Great news about your shoulder. I love that alphabet cat stitchery. It's good to know that your cats remain on the front lines nursing duty. Merry Christmas to you all.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you don't have to have surgery. That kitty alphabet panel looks cute. Have fun stitching it.