6/13/20

Lackluster Day

Although I was in and out of the grocery store in record time yesterday morning, it still set the tone for the day. When I got home, I did some slow stitching, and then slid down on the couch for a nap. Honestly, the grocery store wasn't even bad yesterday, but it saps all my residual energy before I even walk through the door. 

After lunch, I did some sewing. I need three more "flower blocks" and four "blanks" to make another row for Jenny's Flower Garden. So, I made the first block...


and then I made another.


The third block was laid out for sewing then I quit for the day.


Like I said...I was lazy. Smitty decided to join me for this exercise in laziness. It rained almost all day yesterday. It wasn't fit for cat nor beast outside, and so he stayed in with me and snuggled.


The only other thing I have to tell you today is that today is Sadie's "Gotcha" Day. She joined us here at the Three Cats Ranch four years ago today.


You might remember this first picture I posted of her on the day I brought her home. She was just a year old and already had two kittens. She was practically feral and on the edge of panic every minute of the day. It was hard for her to snuggle or settle down because she was easily overstimulated by the lightest of touching.


Now she's a girl who loves her morning snuggles, and she knows how to relax.


So today, I'll get back to the blocks for Jenny's Flower Garden. I should be able to finish off the row today, and that will have me more than halfway finished with the quilt blocks. It's still looking gray and wet outside. I'd love to be outside hoeing the vegetable garden, but that will probably have to wait a day or two.

11 comments:

works4me said...

Happy anniversary Sadie. You landed at a great family. When we adopted Dainty, a 6 month old tortoiseshell, she had just had kittens and was a tiny little thing. We were told she would never get any bigger and that the only time she would hop on the bed was when breakfast was late. Boy, were they wrong. With love and attention, she gained weight and is a major attention hog who must sleep partially on top of her humans. She and Sammi, our calico, turn 10 this year. I hope you don't leave Smitty out of today's celebrations. Mind you, he is spoiled every day, too. :)

Julierose said...

Love that Triple Irish Chain--nice and scrappy....I might say "scrapliscious" ;))))
Lovely day here for a nice change...rest up--the food runs do me in, too...rest up..Stay safe Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can't believe it has been 4 years! She has grown into such a beautiful Calico Gal - of course I love that stub of a tail which adds to her character. I'm dusting and vacumming - trying to get as much cat hair up as I had a Round Robin piece come visit me and I want to get my 'border' done and pass it on to the owner - I am the last (longest) round. How ironic that I got that round.

Betty said...

Happy Gotcha Day Sadie! You've come a long way pretty lady!!

Quilting Babcia said...

Happy Gotcha Day Miss Sadie! Hard to believe it's been four years already.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Happy, happy gotcha Day, Sadie! She landed with the best family ever!!

piecefulwendy said...

Happy Gotcha Day to Sadie, a day late. So glad you have her and she is clearly glad to be with you. Had a nice productive day yesterday, just sewing some blocks, then a walk and then a lovely meal on our deck. Hope you enjoy your Sunday!

Nancy in IN said...

Veggie are looking good. I hope mine do as well. I have lots of scraps; Jenny's flower garden looks like I need to make on. What pattern are you using?
Have a safe day.
Nancy

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sadie is a lucky girl and I think she knows it. I enjoyed seeing all the little glimpses of fabrics in your blocks. The Cat In the Hat made me smile, as did the zebras.

SJSM said...

We all need days of celebration. Happy Gotcha Day to all residence at 3 Cat Ranch! Your home became more comfurrrable with the addition of Sadie.

Our daughter and Son In Law made beer yesterday. We went over to enjoy the afternoon with them, outdoors etc for proper social contact. We played board games, drank and ate. They have a Kegerator which dispensed the last brew off one tap and their own infused sparkling water from another. Not being a beer drinker, I appreciated the water and wine. They have a tiny lot. They took out the grass and have a vegetable garden with paths. It is prolific. We sat on the patio covered by a pergola and sun cloth. It was the perfect kind of day.

Catherine said...

Happy Gotcha Day Sadie!

You are very beautiful and I love hearing about yours and Smitty's adventures.