3/20/20

Getting Organized

My sewing room received a brief visit from me this morning. All my sewing stuff...especially the spools of thread...shouted out their welcome home greetings. Really! Don't the things in your sewing room speak to you? Anyway...they were all excited to see how much progress had been made on the Snowflakes. This morning I put the finishing touches on the eighth Snowflake. This one is very sparkly.


And now that I have an even number, I lined them all up for their group portrait.


By rights, Appalachian Memories should be next on my slow stitching list. I haven't yet girded up my loins enough to get back to the hand quilting, but I will. Don't waste the time you could be worrying over coronavirus by worrying about my hand quilting. Just cross that off your list. It's all under control at this end. Consider where your next roll of toilet paper will come from. That's far more worrisome.

So anyway...all of that to say that I'm not yet organized enough to do anything else but make up the ninth Snowflake. (See how good I am with excuses?) I've been doing these in either blue or aqua, and now I have four of each. The blues are calling out to me, but looking ahead, I decided to do this one in aqua too. I'll save the blues for two that are still coming.


So that's ready for stitching, and I'll head there next.

Quite a bit was accomplished yesterday. The food from the garage refrigerator is all back in the house now, and I've put away all the food from the RV. Also, I did all the laundry, and put out the bird feeders. Oh my...the squirrels were out partying when they saw that. They had on their little squirrel sombreros and they were drinking margaritas to beat the band last night. It made it hard to sleep with so much celebrating outside.

Today I'll be putting away my personal belongings, and our Rainbirds 2020 trip will be one for the history books...and actually, I do think there will be books written about the beginning of 2020. Let's all hope this madness ends soon, and with as few deaths as possible. As for me, I'll be sequestering in my sewing room after today. I can hardly wait.

Oh...I almost forgot to mention...there is an opportunity to take a free online class from iQuilt.com. You can find all the information right here.

7 comments:

Lee Young said...

Welcome home; nice to again follow your journey. Ditto that on hoping the madness ends soon. My aunt, in Seattle, age 89, was diagnosed with C-19. She lives in a senior assisted living site. She is recovering! Hope you find all you need when you get to restocking your shelves after being gone so long.

Betty said...

With all the uncertainty of this pandemic, there's no place like home where the germs are our own! We quilters will be fine staying at home. As one of my guild sisters said "This is what we've been training for!"

piecefulwendy said...

Those squirrels really do know how to party, don't they? They make short work of the tasty treats; at least they lend some hours of amusement for the kitties. Glad you are getting settled back in. I cleaned my space before we left; hardly recognized it when I came back home, it was so tidy! Haha. I plan to mess it up a bit today. I've had enough of updating my blog for now. It still needs tweaking, but my poor addled brain needs a break. So sewing it is. Happy National Quilting Day!

Linda said...

Seeing your snowflakes in one photo - wow! Lol on the squirrel party - ours haven't made margaritas yet, but they do love the bird seed. Thanks for the iQuilt.com link. I just got a T-Shirt quilt class free of charge and plan to use it to make my grandson a Texas A&M quilt when he graduates next spring.

QuiltShopGal said...

Glad to know you are home and your squirrels provided such a fun welcome home party. You are settling in fast. I'm sure your sewing room will welcome you warmly. Traveling is fun, but there is no place like home. Enjoy.

Lyndsey said...

I just ove those snowflakes, they are so pretty.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the iQuilt information. I came back to this post today and ordered one of the free applique classes. I've always wanted to learn needle turn and this looks like a good time. You've inspired me with your embroidery too. I'm happily pulling floss and taking stitches and remembering how much I enjoy handwork and quilting!

Melissa Raddetz