2/9/20

Sunny Day

There are clouds in the sky this morning, but it's going to be a very good day. The kids are probably on their way here by now. If all goes as planned, they should be arriving in Las Vegas by 9:30, and we'll meet up with them for brunch at 10:30. After hugs and food, we'll drive the scenic loop around the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. Mike and I have never been. In doing some reading about it I've learned there is some hiking there, and so this might require a return visit.

But let's just back up to yesterday. I had every intention of getting the sewing machine out again, but somehow it never happened. I think the triangles cured me of sewing again for at least a few days. We ended up getting out for a walk instead. It was a short walk, and we didn't see a single blooming thing. Still, it gave us a chance to get out from behind the other RV's in the park...excuse me for just a minute while I bite my tongue...


where we had a better view of the mountains. I wanted to show you the snow-capped peak, looking completely out of place in the desert, and I nearly missed the mark.


All week, a crew has been sealing the asphalt driveway and roads through the RV park, and that has made it difficult to walk around much. There are barriers at the ends of different streets, depending on the day. We could probably walk on it, but I don't want that tarry substance on my shoes, so no. Nevertheless, we did make our way to the pool. It looks inviting, no?


Actually, no. It isn't heated this time of year, and so the water is ice cold. There is a jacuzzi, however, and Mike says it is warm.

The closest we came to blooming things were these pine trees, pregnant with hundreds of pine cones.


We traversed the roads as much as we could, while still avoiding the tar pits. We had to cut through another site to get back to the RV. When we arrived, we found Smitty waiting for us in his catio.


It seemed a good time to get him out for a walk too. Mike has been leaving a step ladder in place to make it easier to refill the bird feeders. (So far, no seed-eating birds have graced our feeder.) Smitty considered his options for climbing the ladder and having a little snack of hummingbird.


Except for making a Seven Layer Salad for tonight's dinner, that was pretty much the end of my activity for the day. Mike drove into town to wash his truck, but I stayed behind to do some slow-stitching. First, the day's inchy:


Then, I finished up the medium aqua blue sections of the snow flake. It's moving along, but there is still plenty to do. Interestingly, the outside line is dotted, as if for a running stitch. The instructions say to do stem stitch there. It makes me wonder how it would look with a running stitch...perhaps done in metallic floss. Hmmm. I'm not sure I have the right color, but it gives me ideas.


We slept in until nearly 7:00 this morning, which is surprising since the natives start getting restless around 5:00 a.m. During the five through six o'clock hour, they usually turn the RV into the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Something had them distracted this morning. Sadie told me all about it when I got up. Holy Breakfast Food! It's a bunny!


And OMG! There's another one over there!


Okay, so thank you my wabbit friends. I got an extra couple of hours of sleep, thanks to you.

That's all I have for you this morning. We'll be heading out early (for us) to meet up with the kids. We spoke with Matthew by phone yesterday. I only wish he could be here with us. He may get a chance to meet up with us later in the trip. So, it's about an hour and 15 minutes to the restaurant where we'll meet up with Erik and Mae. I have an idea it's going to be a great day.

7 comments:

Betty said...

I can see how you would need a change of scenery! Hope your tongue doesn't get too sore. Bunnies for breakfast? The kitties would love that!

NancyA said...

Have you ever tried Terrible’s Lakeside RV resort there in Pahrump? It has been quite awhile since we were there, but we loved it because of the space between sites, especially if you get one of the lakeside sites. You aren’t staring a a line of RVs as your view. If you haven’t tried it, maybe drive through while you are ther.

quiltzyx said...

Yep, there's still some snow in them thar hills! Glad you were able to negotiate the obstacle course of road construction.
Ewww, cold pool! I have never been able to wrap my head around those folks that do the swimming in winter cold water (Polar Bear swimming??).

Those little round bunnies are so CUTE! We used to have bunnies here in my mobile home park. There is a big semi-circle of grass in front of the Clubhouse, just as you enter the park. There are sprinkler depressions all thru' it, and every evening, if you drove in a dusk, you could see bunny ears coming from each one! Alas, they got rid of them all.

Have a WONDERFUL time with the kids!

Linda said...

I'm really enjoying your snowflakes, and no I still haven't even done the pattern on mine. I haven't had 7-layer salad in years, sounds really good.

Denise :) said...

The pool does look inviting! Those were very interesting pine cones. Did you cop one?? LOL! Sorry you haven't had any birds on the feeder yet. Wonder if something flowery would attract them? Both of your stitcheries are looking good! Did you use the Stick 'n Stitch on the snowflake? Those bunnies are so cubby and cute!!! :)

piecefulwendy said...

I hope you enjoyed every minute of your time with Erik and Mae. That pool looks incredibly inviting right now, while I'm gazing at snow. I might even be tempted to figure out how to buy a swimsuit (haven't had one in years!). Had to chuckle at the natives racing through; the same thing happens here. I imagine those wascally wabbits were fascinating.

QuiltGranma said...

Love that round bunny ball with handles, er... ears, going straight up! LOL!