2/23/20

Rainy Day

The hillside behind us was beautiful in the morning sunshine yesterday.


There was rain in the forecast, however, and it wasn't long before the sun gave way to moody skies and raking light.


Very soon, it started raining, and it rained for most of the day and into the night. No problem. Kitties are experts at handling a rainy day.


We had planned our grocery shopping, laundry, and errands, knowing it would be raining. By afternoon, it let up for a little while, and briefly a rainbow came into view.


We took advantage of the short period of dry weather to get out for a walk. Along the way, we met this dog and her slightly larger brother. They were out for a walk too.


We'd never seen this breed before. They are Alaskan Klee Kai dogs, bred from their larger cousins, the Alaskan Malamutes. The dog pictured here is a female, weighing about 10 lbs. The owners explained to us that the original Alaskan Malamutes (before breeders stepped in) were small dogs. The Klee Kai is a breed unto itself, but bred backwards to return to the smaller size. They were pretty and cute. Also, they don't bark, but they are talkers. Their owner demonstrated by suggesting they might want to go for a walk. Oh, the joy they expressed at this idea! So, please don't tell Smitty and Sadie we were talking to dogs. They wouldn't like it. It'll be our secret.

We were feeling a bit of cabin fever by the end of the day, and so we went out for dinner at a nearby restaurant called Little City Grille. It had good Yelp reviews, and it didn't disappoint. It was very small...as if housed in what once might have been a fast food joint. Inside, it was cozy with lots of old pictures and funny signs around.


Also, fresh flowers on the tables, no doubt left over from Valentine's Day.


We laughed at this sign...so true.


This was under glass on our table. Some interesting factoids here.


So that was a nice little outing. The food and service were good, although my clam chowder was a little on the salty side. No problem because a LOT of food was served up.

Also yesterday, I did the day's inchy.



And I'm working away at the sixth Snowflake. I've done even a little more since the picture below was taken. (I'm not sure what those pink streaks are in the picture...something weird about the lighting.)


This morning my little buddy is helping me write this post. He's happy to see the sunshine again.


The little quilt on his catio was completely saturated with rain yesterday. Fortunately, we have a dryer.

So there's nothing on today's agenda. I'm kind of thinking I'd like to get out and walk around the historic part of Boulder City today. There are some little shops there. Hopefully, something will be open on Sunday, but it would be a nice little walk either way. This is our last day here in Boulder City. Tomorrow we'll head south to Sedona, Arizona. We're actually staying in Camp Verde since the one park in Sedona was full and very expensive. There will be some quilt shops there, so I'll get out my credit cards and warm them up today.

10 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Great stichery and lovely scenery!

Julierose said...

Lovely stitching on both of your projects...I'll bet you can really hear the rain on your roof--I love that sound...hope you find some good quilt shops on your next journey's leg...hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

Another lovely snowflake stitchery... love these designs!
And those kitty beds are so fun.. what a great life they have!

CathieJ said...

I love your snowflake. That restaurant looks interesting. I am glad you liked the food. Yelp is a pretty reliable resource that way. I like the striped coat on that dog. I never heard of that breed before. It is cute.

Sally Trude said...

Wow Smitty. You take a nap and wake up living at Three Dog Ranch. For dogs that weigh less than you.

Respectfully,

The whistleblower.

Sarah said...

Love those kitty beds attached to the windows! Those dogs must be Tiny?

Denise :) said...

Sounds like a fun and interesting day! Your inchy is looking great as is the latest snowflake! Cute dogs. I like 'talky' dogs. My sister has a husky who's quite the talker, too. I can relate all to well with the sign that made y'all laugh. Stop laughing at me!! LOL! :)

kc said...

Wow, that pup is just under half Bailey's weight! I love the pink and silver of the inchies. If I'm not too late, Camp Verde is a Passport Park and can be had for only 20 bucks. And the pool and hot tubs are sparkling clean!

piecefulwendy said...

Interesting dog - haven't seen that breed, so thanks for sharing that little info. Looks like you had a cozy day indoors, despite the rain. Your little inchy is so pretty, and I'm enjoying those snowflakes! The kitties are looking good!

Linda said...

Rain on my roof usually puts me to sleep. Glad the kitties agree with me. I'm enjoying the progress on your inchy and of course loving the snowflakes.