2/29/20

Leap Day!



To celebrate, I'm taking a few days off from blogging. The internet is too slow where we are, and it is taking so long to upload pictures, I probably won't be able to post them until the next Leap Day in 2024.

 We took a cave tour yesterday. It was enjoyable enough we decided to take the second tour today. Sadly, there are no pictures allowed in the cave. In fact, you can't even take in cell phones or any sort of purse or pack. But listening to the measures taken to keep the cave pristine were impressive, and I found myself cheering them on for not allowing any of that stuff. We also visited Tombstone yesterday, which turned out to be a large scale tourist trap. Still, we enjoyed our time there, and I have some pictures to show you when I'm able.

We'll be moving on from here on Tuesday, and I'll get back to blogging as soon as I'm able. Next stop is Pichacho Peak northwest of Tucson, and about 100 miles from where we are. We've been there before, and I can recall having better cell signal. For now, we'll just enjoy ourselves. Smitty is in his element here, and he's had several good walks already. We'll get him out each day we're here. I'm expecting he'll enjoy Pichacho Peak too.

So I'm signing off for a few. I'll be back on Tuesday or Wednesday.


5 comments:

Julierose said...

Enjoy your "Leap" ;))) hugs, Julierose

QuiltShopGal said...

Have fun on cave tour #2 and enjoy the walks. All sound like you are having loads of fun. Enjoy!

Karen said...

Happy leap to you too. Enjoy your no blog time. We will all miss you. I know well the slow and no service. I live in that world every day. We have absolutely no service between 11:45 to 5:30 every day.
It's beautiful and sunny here in Michigan. 34°.
Enjoying the surreal terrain you've been showing.
Be safe. Enjoy!

Kate said...

I've been playing catch up again. Love the kitty videos. Do they think they are missing something? Or just need to get out of each other's company? Enjoy your hikes and other plans for this weekend.

quiltzyx said...

Happy Leap Day to you too!

Enjoy your blog respite and have some fun!!