12/18/19

The Watcher

It was Sadie's day to keep an eye on things outside yesterday. She watched from this window...


And that window.


And this window...


You can see garden cat outside, cheering her on.

Eventually, she moved upstairs and watched from the short wide window above our bed. It was getting dark by then. She turned on her lasers, and you can see them reflecting in the window glass.


It was a day of procrastination for me. There were two most-hated housekeeping chores on yesterday's list, and so I spent about half the day scrolling through social media on my phone. These two were no help at all.


Smitty was plotting how to get Sadie down from the top rung of the kitty pole...his rightful throne.

Finally though, I did my housework, and then I made my way into the sewing room. I decided I would finish up the last of the Countdown to Christmas blocks and be done with them. It's been a while since I worked on these. They were originally done in reds and whites, but mine are done in blues and greens to use up some of my blue and green scraps. Even though I've made 18 blocks, I notice no decrease in the volume of my blue and green scraps. I'm sure you can relate. There are six left to finish. I didn't get far before it was time to stop for the day.


The strips are cut to finish off The Outer Limits...there we go again...and then I'll move on to the next one. Since Thursday will be completely taken up with a drive north, I'm doubling up on housekeeping chores again today...trying to make up for a lost day on Thursday, and then...well, Christmas. Enough said. So anyway...today's chores are not as hateful as yesterday's, and I'm hoping one day of procrastination will see me through. Hoping for more sewing time today.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Good for you finishing up the most hated chores first--deferred gratification and all...;))) My mantra, too.
that's a pretty green in those blocks--I find both yellow and green hard fabrics to find in a "nice" tone...Hope your trip goes well
Hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

Our Birman Gemma watches out the window intently too. If only she could get to one of those cheeky birds!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My furkids have been slugs on the guest bud for two days with our snow, ice and winds - they don't even want to look out the window. I ventured out to the other end of town to post out Mom's Christmas cards and some packages - awful!!

SJSM said...

Dreaded chores for me are bathrooms and floors. Vacuuming is okay, wet mopping is very time consuming as the kitchen floor absorbs everything and is difficult to clean the crevices. The cabinets could really use a wipe down, too. Ah, but the baby blanket is coming to its conclusion. I hope to finish it today.

You did move forward on the blocks. That is always a daily win for you. My critters can’t wait for the blinds to be pulled up in the morning to determine what kind of day they will have. Will it be chattering at the birds or hiding when the gardner’s come and make all that noise? Keeping an eye out on all the woofies occupies a lot of time as woofie parents pass by regularly.

piecefulwendy said...

Ugh, those dreaded chores. I hope you enjoy your drive and your visit on Thursday. I have no doubt the quilt will be well-received! Looking forward to hearing about it. Safe travels!

Kate said...

The kitties have lots to see outside, I bet the regret having to be indoor kitties. I'm sure that scraps are like rabbits and they make more scraps while we aren't looking.