4/6/19

A Rainbow Day

It was kind of a lazy day yesterday. In the morning, I had all sorts of ideas about what I would accomplish, but things kind of fell off the bottom of the list when I decided I'd neglected to add napping. After lunch, I got some dinner started in the crockpot, and then I was so sleepy that I laid down and didn't wake up until Mike got home around 3:30. All I can say is, I must have needed the sleep.

As for that crockpot dish...that turned out to be really delicious. It's one of the recipes on our diet...a Slow Cooker Sausage Jambalaya. I didn't take a picture of ours, so I swiped this one off the internet:


This was super easy...easy enough to do in the RV, and so I'm adding it to my database. It was very tasty and not too spicy. I didn't have the Cajun seasoning, and so I used Old Bay instead. There was some leftover rice, and so it was an easy and lazy dinner for a lazy day of long napping.

The morning started out energetically enough. I stitched what I could on the redwork piece.


Then I moved my hoop. I hadn't intended to spend so much time on it, but I got into the "Just-a-little-bit-more" mode, and kept going until I had that done too.


It's very close to being finished now. There's just a little more to do on the right side, and I'll have it done.


Next, I sewed together the two Charm Stars blocks for one of my RSC 2019 quilts.



Here are all the blocks I have for this quilt so far.


I think I'm going to like this when it's all finished.

It rained the whole live-long day yesterday...which contributes to me feeling lazy. By dinner time, the sun came out and we were witness to this beautiful rainbow. I love this about spring in the Pacific Northwest.


The kids and I were going to hit the Farmer's Market this morning, but it's gray and wet outside again today. Instead, I'll get Mike to help me set up my sawhorse quilt sandwiching table in the garage, and I'll get to work sandwiching the quilt tops I have. I think there are four or five to sandwich, but the real object of this exercise is to get the Rainbow Jubilee quilt sandwiched for quilting. Finishing it off is my April OMG.


This is supposed to be a birthday present for Matthew, but he won't be home until April 25th, which gives me some time. Still, sandwiching comes first, and so it's time to get going on it. With several to do, I expect that will take most of the day. Sprinkle in a little housework there, and I have a day's work ahead of me.

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh I really like your string quilt, Rainbow Jubilee. It is so vibrant. And love the name. We have been having way too much rain on the east coast. But it's a good reason to stay in and sew.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That recipe sounds yummy - thanks for the link to the recipe! I love your redwork pattern and your scrappy stars, too. They will definitely make a fun quilt!

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks and adorable red work piece.
I've sent for a Bird Brain design in prep for my deck sitting embroidery this coming Summer...
I am in the midst of making backings for my 3 tops...I finished yesterdays's Dancin' Postage one and today I ironed and laid out the Plum Postage one ready to figure out backing...it's 50.5" by 47.5 " still pretty big...

I am still waiting for my mail order batting to arrive...
beautiful here today.... in mid 50's and sunny...took a little "sit in the sun" respite...hugs, Julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, and lot of fun fabrics in there!

Susie H said...

It's been raining a lot here in the Midwest too. Our St. Louis Cardinals Opening Home game was postponed due to rain! We've got tickets to Sunday's game and are keeping our fingers crossed. Anyhow, your star blocks are beautiful and I'm certain also that they are going to make a beautiful quilt. Also love that sting quilt. Makes me wish I had thought of making the background stings too on my string project!

Debi said...

Loving your quilts, so colorful! All I can say is YUM and what time is dinner? Thanks for sharing and seriously, what time should I show up, lol!

quiltzyx said...

It's going to be bad, grocery shopping now, that Jambalaya looks so good my stomach is growling!
The redwork is coming along nicely - I like her striped socks.
Beautiful rainbow & rainbow star blocks too!

Dorothy said...

Thanks for the recipe. Looks yummy and you never steer us wrong, so I know it will be good. It amazes me that I see some of "my" fabrics in your Charm Star blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your AQUA Charmed Stars look SEW pretty set with the others! Best of luck on getting your quilt sandwiches made. LOVE that rainbow photo!! Thanks for sharing with the RSC.

Brown Family said...

That does look like a good dinner. I have been in that just a little bit more mode!

Kate said...

Your Charm Square blocks are going to make another beautiful RSC quilt. Love the Rainbow!

Mari said...

Love your aqua stars!