4/4/19

A Day Four Blocks

Get it? The title was supposed to say "A Day for Blocks," but I made "four" blocks, so I said "A Day Four Blocks" instead. Oh, I'm such a card...a mental giant when it comes to telling jokes and making up puns. Hahahahahahahahahaha. That one will keep you laughing all day.😂

Seriously though...It was a day for some serious sewing. First, start with some cats.

Saaaaaddieeeeeee! Mom is sewing! We need to help!


Smitty, please use your inside voice in the sewing room. There's no need to yell. I'm right here.


Okay, so let's get to it, shall we? First, I had another Tiny Tuesday block to catch up on. This was one created by Angela and set diagonally. I have an idea the umbrella top was supposed to be a little larger, but oh well. This one will do fine.


And that brought me up to the newest one posted Tuesday. This one by Beaquilter and set in a straight setting. We've switched to aqua for the month of April, and you know how I feel about aqua. It confuses me. Is it blue? Is it green? Is it aquamarine? I never know.


With those finished, I went to work making a block for the Quilt Block Challenge from the Virginia Quilt Museum. I mentioned this in yesterday's post, but you can find all the particulars right here. The instructions were fairly specific, and requested "muslin" for the white portion of the block. I wasn't sure they really wanted muslin, but I have some, and so I used it. The name and location could be written on or embroidered. I wanted to embroider it, but with muslin and no stabilizer, I wasn't sure how well that would come out. I decided to write mine on with a Pigma Micron pen.


The kitties chose that pink fabric. They wanted to be in the quilt too.

Finally, I made the April block for the Garden Sunshine BOM. This one was quite a puzzle to put together, but the instructions were excellent. It went together with no problems at all.


Earlier in the day, I got back to work on the little redwork project started before we left on our trip. Almost the entire morning was devoted to stitching that little quilt she has in her hand. It's about an inch and a half, but all those little quilting stitches took quite a bit of time. The rest should go a lot faster.


This afternoon I'm getting my monthly pedicure, but I should have some more time for sewing today. Before heading upstairs yesterday, I pulled some fabrics for the Charm Stars quilt, and so I'll start there when I get back to it. Possibly I'll get out and pull some weeds this morning. Sounds awful right? I'll deserve a pedicure for that.

7 comments:

gpc said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You said FOUR instead of FOR and then -- I could hardly stand the suspense -- without ANY warning, you completed FOUR blocks! I can hardly breathe, you are just SOOOOO amazingly clever at those puns, just a constant source of amusement and joy. Nice sewing, too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blocks! I had to giggle at your comment regarding aqua. Although it’s among my favorite colors, I also struggle with the blue / green question.

Very cute quilt inspectors!

Julierose said...

Love that little umbrella block--so cute...my hubby is blue/green challenged
[he canNOT tell the difference-- and aqua is beyond the pale for him lol].
Nice day's work for you...hugs, Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Everyone has a different umbrella. I think your furkids were great helpers as you got a lot done

piecefulwendy said...

You are so funny - haha. Love all of your blocks; they are all so bright and cheery. Aqua, teal, turquoise, whatever - it's a cute block!

quiltzyx said...

Personally, I say that Aqua is a BLUE. Now you know.

Amazing, 4 blocks finished in 1 day & plans to work on more later on. Oh my. Good things the kitties were helping.

Brown Family said...

L I like the fabric the kitties chose!