2/22/19

Preparing for a Weekend of Slow

As I've mentioned, we're taking a little weekend get-away. It's really just an excuse to eat at a favorite restaurant. I've written about the dinner shows at EVOO before. You can see what I'm talking about at this post. The RV park offered a one-night-free special, and so we'll use that free night to buy ourselves dinner. Sewing machines and kitties are staying behind, and so there will be lots of time for slow stitching. With that in mind, I hurried through the quilting on Hocuspocusville and sewed the binding on yesterday.


It's a fun fabric with a bit of orange. I picked it up while we were traveling specifically for the binding on Hocuspocusville. That should be enough to keep me busy for the weekend, but one can never be too careful.

Yesterday I finished up the 8th of nine blocks for Friendship's Garden.


After that, I traced out the next dress. This is the 11th of 12 dresses for the Sundress quilt. These stitch up fast. If I run out of binding stitches, I'll have this one for my emergency back-up slow stitching.


Finally, I'll be taking my inchies along. I've kept up with this day-to-day, and there's no reason to stop now. This morning I stitched my first successful cast-on stitches. There's something a little off about the one nearest the top, but I'm satisfied with it just the same. Meg Hawkey's video tutorial was excellent.


And that brings me to the end of the fourth row. Just one row to go on these to finish out National Embroidery Month.


And with that, I'm taking a couple of days off from blogging. I'll be right back here Monday morning to tell you about our weekend. We're expecting a lot of rain, and so I'm thinking there will just be a lot of slow stitching. It's sounding pretty good right now.

10 comments:

gpc said...

The binding is perfect and the inchies continue to be adorable. Have a wonderful, restful time!

Sandra W said...

The inchy is beautiful.
When you go away are the kitties babysitting themselves?

Mary said...

Have a wonderful, restful weekend get-away. I am a little behind on my "inchy", but moving along well. Smitty and Sadie all alone? oh I wonder what they will think of while you're away. LOL Leave a couple of quilts out and they will be all snugglely. See you on Monday, good trip to you both.

Kate said...

Very fun binding for Hocuspocusville. Enjoy your slow stitching and your dinner out this weekend.

piecefulwendy said...

Sounds like a lovely, restful weekend. Enjoy!

quiltzyx said...

Perfect binding for HocusPocusVille! Hooray!

The cast-on stitch looks neat & the video made it look so easy to do.

Have a wonderful few days off! Happy Trails to you!!

Nancy said...

Sounds like a nice escape. I do hope you make it home before the predicted snow. I am so over winter.

Quilter Kathy said...

So much delicious eye candy! Your inchies are fabulous! Enjoy your binding today!

SandraC said...

I'm new to the concept of "inchies"....where do you find patterns?

Brown Family said...

I do like that binding!