1/29/19

Not Much to Show

Even though I spent several hours working on Cricket's pawtrait yesterday, I have only one picture to show for it. She's taking shape pretty well.


There's something wrong with the lower left side of the face...that zig-zaggy light portion. If you look at the posterized version of the image below, you can see that the whiskers are kind of messing me up there. I think it will be easy enough to peel up the zig-zaggy part of that larger piece and simply cut it off. The whiskers will be added later with thread.


The original image is below, and there's a fairly smooth transition from dark to light on that part of her face.


There's still more color to add on the left side of the face, and then I'll start working more on the mouth and chin before adding the rest of her body on the lower right. I'm not sure if I'll get much done today since I need to head into town for some errands.

The only other sewing related thing accomplished yesterday was to get the Alley Cat Quilt Guild hung in the Mewseum. You can see there are still empty spots on the Mewseum walls, and so I guess I need to make some more cat quilts.


I had to hold the camera out to my left side to take this next image, which explains why it's a little bit wonky looking.


It's tempting to get Pfelicity set up on my sewing table. I'm hoping Big Bertha won't be gone long. Having switched out sewing machines several times over the past couple of months, I'm dragging my feet about doing it yet again. On the other hand, there is piecing to do, and I might like a short break from Cricket. I'll see how I feel when I get home this afternoon.

Until then, there's always slow-stitching, and that's where I'm heading next. I doubt I can get the Appalachian Memories block finished before the February Stitch-along starts, but I'm going to try.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Cricket is really coming into view..it is interesting watching your process on this. Love how your Alley /cats look hung on the wall..Nice gallery spot...
hugs, Julierose

Kathy L said...

How are you hanging your quilts in the Mewseum? Love them all.

crazy quilter said...

Cricket is coming along nicely. I know you are the expert at these pawtraits and know you will get it all worked out. Hope you did not have to spend too much time in town and got back to sewing. I am sorry you are having so many issues with Big Bertha. I have two Bernina’s and don’t have issues with mine ( knock on wood) I hope the new pl es fixes her and she stays fixed.




piecefulwendy said...

So, any news on Bertha? Cricket is looking good! I didn't get much done yesterday either. But today, there is nothing but sewing happening. With the temp at -28 (feels like -51) I'm going nowhere other than my sewing room.

Angie in SoCal said...

Looking closely at your postersized view and the original - seems that odd piece crept in there somehow. Cutting it off should do the trick. Cute mewseum idea.

quiltzyx said...

I always like watching your process as you are building a pawtrait. I am really getting the feeling of Cricket as THE queen!