11/5/18

Quiet Day

It was an uncharacteristically quiet day here at the Three Cats Ranch yesterday. By "quiet," I mean that I caught up on my housework...which meant I wasn't jumping for joy, and thus, no screams of delight. Oh well. Every day can't be a sewing party. Nevertheless, I did some sewing in the morning.

My first priority was to finish the 6th of eight rows for the Shop Hop quilt. I've been trying to finish one row per month, and I'm fairly well on track. October's row slipped a little into November. That means November won't get done until December, so I suppose I'll have to reset myself on this. It's something like falling back, only we'll just think of it as me falling down on the job. Anyway...here's where it stands.


It's kind of fun standing back with the addition of each row and remembering all the places we've been in our travels. A few of the fabrics have no particular meaning insofar as their region is concerned, but most of them do. Just two rows to go for a finished flimsy. The quilt is already so large that I won't be adding any borders. Just straight line quilting and a binding to finish it off next year sometime.

Aside from slow-stitching, that was the only sewing I did all day. Before leaving the sewing room, however, I picked through my red bin and pulled out the most burgundy of the reds. Since there's no new color for the month of November, I've settled on burgundy for the November blocks. December will be rust, brown, or dark purple. I haven't decided yet. Anyway...I pulled out the most burgundy of the reds. I need eight strips in each of five lengths to make four blocks. There are probably enough cut scraps to get the job done, but I pulled some of my uncut fat quarters in case I need them.


Hopefully, I'll get a start on that today...or maybe I'll start some quilting on Wind in the Whiskers...or maybe I'll do both. I need to run into town for a short grocery shopping trip and to run some other errands. Also, I'm doing laundry today, so there's plenty to keep me busy.

Sadie needs to reset her fall back tummy clock. She was in our bedroom squeaking at the butt crack of dawn this morning. Yesterday she took advantage of the empty catio to take her place on Smitty's usual throne. Smitty prefers the warmth inside the house on his living room kitty pole this time of year. It's good for Sadie to get a chance to sit here.


They have a little house with a heated pad on the catio as well. I've seen them use it in summer, but I haven't seen them using it so far this winter. That doesn't mean they aren't using it...just that I haven't seen them.

So, off I go to do some more slow-stitching. I think I'll finish up the Snow Globes block this morning. Pictures tomorrow. But before I go, want to see the tree come down? I didn't show it yesterday because Mike wanted to edit the video and make it a little shorter. So here you go...Timberrrrrrrr!! And if you can't see the video, then click right here.


9 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Good going on the shop hop quilt, looking good. Glad Sadie is getting a place to relax outdoors. Wow, that is one big tree. Your hubby is pretty good at tree felling. Hugs, lj

Julierose said...

Nice work on your travel memory quilt--This will be lovely hugs, Julierose

Frog Quilter said...

Love the tree falling. Was glad to see hubby running away as trees falling can be dangerous.

quiltzyx said...

Wow! The memory quilt is going great! Congratulations!!

Cool video watching the tree come down. But Mike ran with a RUNNING chain saw? That was the scariest part!!!!

Denise :) said...

What a precious capture of Sadie! That "come hither" look over her shoulder! Sorry about the housework--it happens that way some times. Your shop hop quilt is coming along very nicely!!! :)

piecefulwendy said...

Sometimes just having a quiet, unusual day is the best. Fun to see the shop quilt coming together, and those reds are pretty gorgeous.

Brown Family said...

Thanks for sharing the tree felling. Ours has to be taken down in pieces because of the fences, alley driveway and house! As it was, they broke one window but they had it repaired!

I am glad they opened a ticket to Bernina in your machine! Hopefully they can find a cause.

Judy1522 said...

Your Shop Hop Quilt is looks great. Enjoyed the video of Mike falling the tree and glad that it fell the way it was supposed to.

mangozz said...

Beautiful photo of Sadie!