10/22/18

To the Tip of the Tail

There's a vicious rumor going around that Smitty is somehow to blame for other people's lackadaisical blogging habits. Here's Smitty...minding his own business...sucking time from the east side of town.


Wait...what? Sucking time?


Not me, Man. If anyone is sucking time, it's this guy.


Besides, it's cold outside. If I'm going to suck time, I'm doing it from inside the house.


And then, there's this little girl. I've been trying for days to get a good picture of her...just so y'all would know she's still here. She's a tough subject. She's such a wiggle worm that 90% of her pictures are blurred.


As for the human inhabitants of the Three Cats Ranch...remember Mike's plumbing part I told you about in yesterday's post? Well, his first task of the day was to head off to Lowe's to get it. He was practically out the door before sunrise, and he came home with this:


It's easy to see why he was so excited about it, isn't it?

And me...I got back to work on the cardinal. I started with this piece, blissfully, nearly free of half square triangles and mostly blue.


By day's end, I had four of the last six sections done.


When I finished for the day, I had the next section laid out, and that's where I'll start sewing this morning.


After that, there's just one more section, containing the tip of the tail, and the mosaic portion of the quilt will be finished. Barring unforeseen emergencies, tsunamis, earthquakes...you know, stuff like that...I should have it finished by the end of the day. After that, I'll still need to add a pieced border, and then the applique holly berries and eye of the bird.

There is one housekeeping chore to do today. Oh yes, and I suppose I should feed the starving birds. I meant to do that yesterday, and then got completely engrossed in the cardinal. You would think one would have reminded me of the other, but then, there's no accounting for the memory problems of people born during the 14th Century. So that's my plan. Off I go.

10 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Your cardinal is almost finished. Absolutely beautiful. It has been fun to watch him come together.

Debbie said...

Well, most of us would find that plumbing part interesting if we understood that stuff...lol. Just hope it fixes the install to perfection. The cardinal is a beauty.

Julierose said...

ROTFLOL--you are funny...I think your cardinal is lovely; I made one pixilated mug rug of a heart and that finished me--(the rug was pixilated not me hahaha--altho' I needed a libation during the cutting) hugs, from a former cat owner Julierose

Sally Trude said...

Molly suggests I start blogging about reading your blog...and I bet all the people commenting on your blog are from the east coast where the sucking is something else entirely.

Brown Family said...

We don't think Smitty sucks at anything! Neither does Sadie. I hope the dishwasher is installed and ready to go!

Kate said...

Who would have started such an untrue viscous rumor about Smitty? He's a (mostly) good kitty. I love your mosaic cardinal. It's coming along beautifully. I've often wondered if one of the keys to a successful marriage is the other partner's ability to acknowledge, even it they can't fully appreciate, those weird things that really, really excite their spouse.

piecefulwendy said...

Well, I'd save the happy dance over the plumbing thingy until it's all installed and working properly, saying that from experience. Not questioning MIke's ability whatsoever, just passing on some "been there, done that" wisdom(?). At least it's not going in an old house, where you never know quite what you'll find when fixing things! Smitty, love ya buddy! Just keep doing what you're doing. Good to see Sadie too. I know you finished that bird, and it's pretty awesome!

Michele said...

Aren't the kitties always to blame when there is something wrong? I think so!

QuiltGranma said...

A speckled gray squirrel? Wow, didn't know they were speckled! Oh, and happy for you that on a previous post you showed the NEW ROAD! Do more dust, no more machines... till they add the striping.

quiltzyx said...

Oh just look at that oh-so-handsome furball!! And gorgeous Sadie too! Just made my morning. :)