9/7/18

Teal Reveal



Well, I'm so excited to tell you that my partner Lana has her mini quilt now, and so I can show it to you. Lana shared that she was a cat lover, and so I knew just what to do. I used one of Robin Kingsley's designs from Bird Brain Designs. This is from her cat lover pattern, and there are three designs included. I chose this one for Lana.


The teal fabric in the inner border was the one I received with my swap "kit." We were supposed to use our teal fabric somewhere on the front of the quilt. The other fabrics were from my stash, and that floss was a perfect match. That was in my floss stash. Cool. Then, I used this fabric from Lynette Anderson on the back. I've used this fabric many times, and I'm down to my last quarter yard. I'll be sad when it's all gone.


Lana tells me my mug rug should arrive on Monday, and I'm excited to see it.

I have to write fast this morning because Sue and I are walking. Yesterday, I used some of the plums from our tree to make this Spicy Plum Barbecue Sauce. It turned out great. I was riffing on a recipe from Marisa McClellan's Food in Jars site, substituting plums for the peaches and reducing the amount of spice. This has a nice little kick, but not enough to knock our heads off.


When that was finished, it was time to bake the loaf of bread I've been shepherding along for the last three days. This is an Artisan Whole Grain Sourdough recipe I took from the Breadtopia website. While the oven was heating, I watched video after video trying to learn to do a pretty scoring pattern. This one isn't perfect, but it's the best one I've done in my bread-baking adventures.


This loaf is for Sue. It was her birthday yesterday, and so bread is in her future...not the kind you spend...the kind you eat.

Finally, this arrived.


I saw this on Facebook recently, and it was love at first site. It's painted on slate, and we're planning to hang it at the front door. You can see more designs from Applegate Slates and Prints right here.

So, I gotta run. There's another loaf of bread to take to the next stage. This one will be for us, and then I'm taking off to meet Sue. We're having breakfast and then walking. I'm hoping to get some sewing in today.

9 comments:

Lana said...

I absolutely LOVE my new mug rug Barbara. It is perfect in every sense. And the kitties are so cute and so me! I'm so glad I decided to enter the swap after reading about it on your blog. And so funny that we ended up matching as swap partners. But....you know...wasn't there some way you could have sent along a slice of that bread or a sampling of jam (wink). Lol. I bet that bread smells AND tastes divine. Yum.

Shirley said...

The mini quilt you made for your swap partner is just adorable! I love how you fussy cut the teal border so that the design is just perfect on all four sides. I would have to make a second one to keep for myself. The bread looks delicious!

crazy quilter said...

The Mug rug is perfection. I sure do like your slate sign looks like you had a great day

Lisa T said...

Just want to say that I read your blog faithfully. I am a fellow cat lover and quilter, however I do not cook!~ You are an inspiration.

mangozz said...

Your teal swap quilt is absolutely adorable! I can't imagine any cat lover who wouldn't love this little quilt. And your bread and jam look delicious!

piecefulwendy said...

That little mug rug is really cute, and I like your little label! That bread looks fantastic. How much will be left after your walk with Sue (hehe). Hope one of you brings the buttah. Of course, the plum bbq sauce looks great too. I'm thinking pork chops on the grill, with some plum sauce bbq. Yum! The cat door sign is perfect for you!

Denise :) said...

Well, you already know how I feel about your swap. I adore it!! The cat sign is hilarious! I'm sure Smitty and Sadie both gave it a two-paw approval! :)

Kate said...

Your swap piece is so cute! And so is your new welcome sign. Hope you got in a good walk with Sue.

Brown Family said...

That is a cute mug mat you made. THe slate is very pretty