7/18/18

Vertical Orientation

Magically, my keyboard fixed itself yesterday. Sometimes I swear I have a black thumb when it comes to all things electronic. Mike was able to sit down at the computer and it worked just fine. This morning, it's working just fine for me too. So, what gives? And I don't really care as long as it keeps on working. Perhaps it too was affected by my tetanus shot.

As for the tetanus shot, I'm still sick today, although I feel a little bit better. At least I can sit upright for short periods of time. I've arranged with our farmers to pick up our CSA share today, not that I expected them to kick about that. I've never missed a pick-up in the four or five years we've been members, and so they were fine with me coming today. Even though I'm still not feeling very well, I feel good enough to do that.

Of course, there's been nothing on the sewing front, although I did make some progress on my embroidery piece.


Possibly, I'll work on this some this morning, but don't count on it. What I really want to do is lie down and moan. So I think I'll do that next. If I feel better this afternoon, I might do some practice quilting for Working for Peanuts.


My ideas for this quilt include doing some feathering on the bird with some blue metallic thread. In the gray sections I'll either use silver metallic or a light gray thread. I'll do some more feathering with a variegated thread in the border, and some kind of all over design in the background. Where the checked background is, I might do some cross-hatching. That's my idea for this, but I want to do some practice with the blue metallic before I commit it to the actual quilt. I'm not sure it's a good idea, and so I want to try it on some scraps first.

Okay, and with that, I think I'll go horizontal again. I'm really hoping I feel a lot better by tomorrow.

14 comments:

Cathy Smith said...

I think it would make a lovely outing for you today if you rode shotgun while the Resident Engineer chauffeured you over to pickup the CSA share! Why risk causing yourself a set back? Take care!

Sandra W said...

Sorry you're not feeling up to scratch.Hope you're better tomorrow.
About the blue metallic--I've never had any luck with that thread. Why not use the metallic by using it for hand work? Do some stitches before you quilt the piece. You'll get the effect without the hassle. And if you don't like it you can unpick it.

Linda said...

Hope you get to feeling a LOT better and are back in the swing of things very soon.

works4me said...

Feel a LOT better soon. I hope the two felines are taking good care of you. Snuggles and purrs are amazing medicine.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh dear--that mean ole tetanus shot--rest while you can--cause I know you will be up and canning and sewing and planning your next trip very soon!!
enjoy, di

Sally Trude said...

You're welcome!

Respectfully,

Molly

P.S. Smitty is a horrible watch cat.

Lee said...

I hope you feel better soon!!

crazy quilter said...

Well at least one thing is going right no new keyboard needed. I wonder if it may have been unplugged a bit? Anyway hope another day of rest I'd just what you need to get back in the swing of things. I like your thoughts on the quilting.

Kate said...

Sorry today wasn't much better on the feeling good stuff. At least one thing righted itself. Hope you are feeling much, much better tomorrow.

Quilter said...


It is crappy that your having such a reaction from the shot.. my thoughts
would be to have Mr. Engineer drive you over to get your CSA share for the
week - no sense in making yourself more miserable - the you can come home
and lie down for awhile...

just my 2 cents worth

Hope your better soon...

MaryLou

piecefulwendy said...

Well, glad you feel a bit better and can get to the CSA for your goodies! It is a gloomy morning here, looks like rain, the kind that brings more humidity, and I have to go out in it. Ah well. Will be fun to see your quilting come to life in Working for Peanuts! I had a weird computer thing yesterday too. I went to charge it and it wasn't charging, so I moved the cord to a different outlet and it worked fine. When John came home, I told him about the outlet that wasn't working. He checked it and it was fine. (Cue alien music) Take care, Barbara!

SJSM said...

Modern medicine has alleviated so many conditions in our lives. Without vaccines there would be fewer of us around to enjoy your sewing, cooking, gardening and travel stories. Unfortunately, there are some who have reactions that cause them to dread these vaccines. I’m so sorry you are one of the unfortunate ones. You are to be admired for your fortitude for getting the shot anyway. There are too many people who would not, either not wanting to go through the reaction or who don’t believe vaccines are safe. Lay low and recuperate. I’m sure Smitty and Sadie are standing guard until you fill the catnip bowl once again.

quiltzyx said...

Hope you got some good stuff in your CSA share if you ventured out to pick it up.

Don't overdo it & take good care of yourself!

kc said...

Ugh, shots of any kind, ugh! Hope you're feeling much better deal soon! I only ever once got a tetanus shot, and like you, got deathly ill from it.felt like the worst flu ever. Have been fortunate to not require one since. If you don't mind me asking, why do you get one repeatedly? (just curious if there are special issues or circumstances requiring such) and if you do mind my asking, by all means, I'll go fly a kite and no need to answer!